Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Star Trek & SCI-FI

Here's an idea. Can you think of Trek/Sci-Fi similarities? Here's some...

Deep Space Nine / Babylon 5 (Babylon 5 - TV series)

U.S.S. Defiant / Mellenium Falcon (Star Wars)

Captain Kirk / Agent Mulder (The X Files)

Delta Flyer / Goa'uld cargo ship (Stargate SG-1)

These is all I could come up with at the moment. What can you think of?

Ah, I came up with another one!

Reman Scorpion fighter / Goa'uld death glider (Stargate SG-1)

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

I'm not quite sure how you can link Mulder and Kirk as they seem completely different characters. Anyway if I were to look for the basis of the character of Kirk then I would look at both JFK and John Wayne. But then thats not sci-fi!

Here is one link that I think is fairly obvious: Star Trek (TOS) and Forbidden Planet.

But Mulder never got to kiss the girls and his shirt stayed on most of the time. Kirk always got the girl and was always getting his shirt ripped off. I don't see any comparison there.

Yeah, Worf And Teal'c Would Work Too.

Two Warriors Surrounded By Aliens  :laugh:

I would hate to be one of the Aliens :laugh:

:assimilated:

Here's one!

B4 / C3PO (Star Wars)

Other than they are both gold, I don't see the similarities here. Please elaborate.

B4 is white, not gold.  Anywho, the similarity is that they are both simple-minded androids.  At least, C3PO allways came off "seemingly" simple minded in the Star Wars movies.

Data/Lore/B4 are gold not white. I have never thought of C3P0 as being simple minded. I have to disagree with you on this one.

OK, well, I'm not a "Star Wars" expert, C3PO just seemed plain confused. :P

As for Data and brothers, I'm pretty sure his skin is white and his eyes are gold.  How come his skin looks gold to you?  Honestly, it looks white.

In the season 1 special features on the TNG DVDs they talk about the make-up for the series. Brent Spiner tells how he disliked having to arrive at 5:45 a.m. to be "dipped in gold". Michael Westmore described the process for Data's make-up as follows:

Data's make-up consists of an opalescent base make-up that I pat all over his face to begin with and then powder him with an opalescent gold powder.

Trust me CJLP, when it comes to Data I know what of I speak.

OK, well, I'm not a "Star Wars" expert, C3PO just seemed plain confused. :naughty:

As for Data and brothers, I'm pretty sure his skin is white and his eyes are gold.  How come his skin looks gold to you?  Honestly, it looks white.

In the season 1 special features on the TNG DVDs they talk about the make-up for the series. Brent Spiner tells how he disliked having to arrive at 5:45 a.m. to be "dipped in gold". Michael Westmore described the process for Data's make-up as follows:

Data's make-up consists of an opalescent base make-up that I pat all over his face to begin with and then powder him with an opalescent gold powder.

Trust me CJLP, when it comes to Data I know what of I speak.

Takara, I think Data always looked orange.

Click for Spoiler:

Not really, I was just kidding. :wub: Please don't kill me :P

Sisko (Joined the Prophets) / Daniel Jackson (Ascended)