Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Week 4 Predictions

Sunday, Sep. 28

St. Louis Over Arizona

Cincinnati Over Cleveland (Cincy wins one)

Jacksonville Over Houston

New England Over Washington

Philadelphia Over Buffalo

Minnesota Over San Francisco if Culpepper is playing and SF over the Vikes if Culpepper doesn't play. I lean more for SF in this one though because even if Culpepper plays he won't be 100%

Tennessee Over Pittsburgh

Kansas City Over Baltimore

Oakland Over San Diego

Atlanta Over Carolina

Dallas Over N.Y. Jets (The Tuna wins 2 in his old house)

Denver Over Detroit

Indianapolis Over New Orleans

Monday, Sep. 29

Green Bay Over Chicago

Well,first of all I hate this week in the NFL.The byes are going to kill me in fantasy...and all the injuries :blink:

Okay,here are my predictions:

Baltimore over Kansas City (Its time for the Chiefs to drop one)

Arizona over St.Louis (is 2 wins in a row asking too much of Arizona?Probably)

Green Bay over Chicago (the Bears couldn't beat a good varsity JC team)

Buffalo over Philadelphia (The Eagles nightmare season continues)

Houston over Jacksonville (The Jags couldn't beat the Bears!)

Cleveland over Cincinnati (Even without Halcomb,the Browns can beat Cincy)

New England over Washington (I want to say Redskins win this....I dont know)

Indianapolis over New Orleans (Another loss for the boys from the bayou)

Detroit over Denver (just a feeling I have)

Minnesota over San Francisco (The 49ers are hurting worse than they'll admit)

Carolina over Atlanta (Panthers undefeated?Who would have thought?)

Dallas over New York Jets (Again,just a feeling)

Pittsburgh over Tennessee (The Titans are good,but not this good)

San Diego over Oakland (I hate the Raiders.'nuff said)

:bow:

VBG,

Time for your weekly spanking:

St. Louis Over Arizona

Of course. BTW Capt. Freeman, yes, 2 weeks in a row is asking too much!

Cincinnati Over Cleveland

While it is possible, I have a general rule which applies here: Pick against Cincinnati and you will rarely be disappointed. :laugh:

Neither one of these teams is anything to write home about. I would take Houston only because they recognize they are trying to build a team. I am not sure Jax has recognized it yet. Starting Brunell? Wrong answer.

BTW Capt. Freeman, yes, the Jags could beat the Bears. So could William & Mary.

Tough one. Gotta take the Skins after a tough loss to the G-Men. The Pats might be looking past the Skins to the Titans next week.

Philadelphia Over Buffalo

Agreed. With Travis Henry hurting, and this being a gut-check game for Philly, got to love the Birds here. Plus they are coming off a bye week.

Minnesota Over San Francisco if Culpepper is playing and SF over the Vikes if Culpepper doesn't play. I lean more for SF in this one though because even if Culpepper plays he won't be 100%

Another tough one. Battle of mediocrity. I will pick the Vikes. They are better at being mediocre. And what is this "if Culpepper plays" crap? Pick a team and get on with your life! I haven't seen this much waffling since Bill Clinton was in office! :dude:

Revenge game for Pitt. Take the Steelers.

This game looks like a trap for KC. Gotta take the Ravens.

Oakland Over San Diego

:dude:

Atlanta Over Carolina

BUZZZZZZZ! Kitties kill Birdies.

Dallas Over N.Y. Jets (The Tuna wins 2 in his old house)

Agreed. The Jets are BAAAAAAAAAAD!

Denver Over Detroit

Detroit is my upset special of the week. Denver is coming off a big victory over the Raiders. Plus they have KC next week. Plus Portis & Anderson are hurting. Big ol' trap game!

Here are two teams that thrive on losing the "big game". I'll take the Aints.

Green Bay Over Chicago

The only no-brainer this week.

While it is possible, I have a general rule which applies here: Pick against Cincinnati and you will rarely be disappointed. :dude:

I don't know, I think Marvin Lewis is going to turn them around. They are already a much imroved team with him at the helm.

Neither one of these teams is anything to write home about. I would take Houston only because they recognize they are trying to build a team. I am not sure Jax has recognized it yet. Starting Brunell? Wrong answer.

BTW Capt. Freeman, yes, the Jags could beat the Bears. So could William & Mary.

This is true, but I like the Jags experience over the expansion team.

Tough one. Gotta take the Skins after a tough loss to the G-Men. The Pats might be looking past the Skins to the Titans next week.

I don't see Spurier being able to pull it off, The Pats have a pretty good defense and a pretty good offense, I just think they will be too much for the Skins. I don't believe the Skins are a true 2-1 (or 3-1) team.

Another tough one. Battle of mediocrity. I will pick the Vikes. They are better at being mediocre. And what is this "if Culpepper plays" crap? Pick a team and get on with your life! I haven't seen this much waffling since Bill Clinton was in office! :laugh:

Bill Clinton? Slick Willie? Do I sense a membership ban coming on?? :dude:

My reasoning is Gus. I don't think he's a good enough QB to get the job done, with Cullpepper hurt though I honestly have doubts that he can either, if he plays healthy the Vikes win. But I'm picking the 49ers because of the QB situation.

Atlanta Over Carolina

BUZZZZZZZ! Kitties kill Birdies.

For me this was one of those "Pick em" games I could go either way but needed to pick one.

Denver Over Detroit

Detroit is my upset special of the week. Denver is coming off a big victory over the Raiders. Plus they have KC next week. Plus Portis & Anderson are hurting. Big ol' trap game!

Could be but I'm impressed with Plummer, he isn't the greatest QB in the world butI've always thought he could go far with a good supporting cast, and he has that in Denver.

Green Bay Over Chicago

You would think so, but the way GB is playing right now you never know.

While it is possible, I have a general rule which applies here: Pick against Cincinnati and you will rarely be disappointed. :dude:

I don't know, I think Marvin Lewis is going to turn them around. They are already a much imroved team with him at the helm.

I don't see Spurier being able to pull it off, The Pats have a pretty good defense and a pretty good offense, I just think they will be too much for the Skins. I don't believe the Skins are a true 2-1 (or 3-1) team.

Another tough one. Battle of mediocrity. I will pick the Vikes. They are better at being mediocre. And what is this "if Culpepper plays" crap? Pick a team and get on with your life! I haven't seen this much waffling since Bill Clinton was in office! :laugh:

Bill Clinton? Slick Willie? Do I sense a membership ban coming on?? :dude:

My reasoning is Gus. I don't think he's a good enough QB to get the job done, with Cullpepper hurt though I honestly have doubts that he can either, if he plays healthy the Vikes win. But I'm picking the 49ers because of the QB situation.

Green Bay Over Chicago

You would think so, but the way GB is playing right now you never know.

I agree that Lewis can turn the Bungles around, but I still think they are a year away from being truly competitive.

Regarding the Skins, they nearly beat the G-Men, whose defense is comparable to the Pats. The main difference is the Giants have a much better offense than the Pats.

"A membership ban"? Man, you are tough! :dude:

Anyway, I think Gus looked pretty good last week. I don't think the Vikes will suffer a large drop-off in talent.

As for Green Bay-Chicago, the Bears have looked FAR worse.

Anyway, I think Gus looked pretty good last week. I don't think the Vikes will suffer a large drop-off in talent.

As for Green Bay-Chicago, the Bears have looked FAR worse.

Gus is a really good back up, the problem comes when he has to take all of the snaps in a game. Besides he has a tendency to head butt concrete walls :laugh:

I agree about Da Bears, but this could be like Carolina-Tampa. It has the potential to be a disaster for GB, I still pick GB though.

Well for the early games I'm over .500 at 4-3

St. Louis Over Arizona W

Cincinnati Over Cleveland (Cincy wins one) W

Jacksonville Over Houston L

New England Over Washington L

Philadelphia Over Buffalo W

SF over the Vikes L

Tennessee Over Pittsburgh W

Well 9 - 4 for the week with 1 game left.

St. Louis Over Arizona W

Cincinnati Over Cleveland W

Jacksonville Over Houston L

New England Over Washington L

Philadelphia Over Buffalo W

SF over the Vikes L

Tennessee Over Pittsburgh W

Kansas City Over Baltimore W

Oakland Over San Diego W

Atlanta Over Carolina L

Dallas Over N.Y. Jets W

Denver Over Detroit W

Indianapolis Over New Orleans W

Monday, Sep. 29

Green Bay Over Chicago

Both 10 - 4? Lets look back for a moment at a few of your week 4 picks:

VBG,

Time for your weekly spanking:

While it is possible, I have a general rule which applies here: Pick against Cincinnati and you will rarely be disappointed. :saintdevil:

Revenge game for Pitt. Take the Steelers.

This game looks like a trap for KC. Gotta take the Ravens.

Denver Over Detroit

Here are two teams that thrive on losing the "big game". I'll take the Aints.

That looks like 5 L's to me :unsure: