Sign in to follow this  
Essoq

Vulcan Back Massages a Cure for Insomnia?

So first they have to strip down to their underwear for decontamination and now Trip and T'pol both go topless and give each other back massages to cure insomnia? Is this Star Trek or a peep show? I like how they've made it super obvious that they're trying too hard to make the show "sexy". It great for a laugh. But if I had a less developed sense of humour my intelligence might be insulted.

I can see t'pol with nothing on all day jollen blalock is so hot  :bow:  :bow:

Stardate:213729.9

HELL YAH MAN RIGHT ON!!! :blink:

I am an insominac where is my massage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see t'pol with nothing on all day jollen blalock is so hot  :bow:  :P

I agree she is ;) and :blink: as well :bow:

I can see t'pol with nothing on all day jollen blalock is so hot  :bow:  ;)

I agree she is :blink: and :bow: as well :P

Boys (sigh). ;)

This is why I from time to time move closer to the anti-Enterprise crowd.I try to give the series a fair chance,but something always happens (like the new "sexier" direction),that makes me disgusted all over again.Depending on which day of the week I am asked,there are times I think cancelling this show would be better in the long run for Star Trek,than continuing on.Can anyone remember when Star Trek delivered a great story in an hour?A story that usually focused on some relevant social issue,and challenged the viewers to think?

Edited by Sirius

I agree that these scenes with semi-nude actors are unnecessary. The story would have been just as interesting if they had massaged each other with shirts on, and there still would have been nervousness from just touching each other.

But I am not ready to abandon Star Trek because of these few unnecessary provocative scenes, as long as I do not have to see this every week. The second story of the season was excellent, gave a lot to talk about and think about, created mystery and anticipation, and everyone stayed dressed. (There was one scene with men and women in their underwear--but that wasn't too bad. It was not an intimate scene. Men without their shirts is not the same as women without their shirts. I don't see many women wanting to change in the same room with men however--that was unrealistic. And as conservative as the milatry is, I don't see that happening in the near future.)

I think the essence of Star Trek is still in tact.

ENT is the Las Vegas of the Trek Universe, so what? ENT is set closer to our time.

We've never before seen a young Vulcan female except in the OS episode Amok Time and based on what I saw and learned of T'Pring [sleaze bag] T'Pol is not that far off the mark, if anything, she's more respectful than the average Vulcan Female. Perhaps that explains why Sarek married an Earth woman, her morals. ;-)

Has any of you that think the massage scene is too sexy ever had a real professionl massage? Do you know that most massages are done with the person recieving the massage being naked or at least their underwear (Panties) lying under nothing more than a towel?

Its hard to give a good deep tissue massage with clothes on. I think its funny that a simple massage has been turned into this big sexual event by some of you. I love a good massage,there is a female friend of mine that has a permit for giving a massage and I get them from time to time,it feels great and its very relaxing and although I'm naked under the towel there is absolutly no sexual feelings or reactions coming from me or her, its strictly professional just as it is with T'Pol and Trip (Who are actually wearing more clothes than if they were getting a real life massage.)

Well, no... I have not ever had a massage. A Chrisitian friend of mine and her husband go regularly, and tried to get me to go, but I was not comfortable with the idea..... :blink:

Can anyone remember when Star Trek delivered a great story in an hour?A story that usually focused on some relevant social issue,and challenged the viewers to think?

every story besides last episode (extinction), every episode lately has dealt with an issue. and with the whole xindi arc, i think there will be even more issues tackled. like, is it justified to attack a species who is acting in self-defense for something that starts in the future? (complicated matter)

I thought the whole massage scene was unnecessary too. That whole sub plot is just a ploy to get T'pol and Tripp together and partialy nude. The upcoming episode has me shaking my head already but I'll wach to see what's up.

I saw no point to the message,either.Enterprise may not be the Las Vegas of Trek,but its beginning to feel like the broken leg on the horse of trek.Time to put a bullet in it and end the needless suffering of the franchise and fan base. :laugh:

just dont let captain jean luc picard read this topic he hates all the star trek nudity

Good one :lol:

just dont let captain jean luc picard read this topic he hates all the star trek nudity

Got ya wrong there. I don't hate "Star Trek nudity". There's nothing wrong with nudity, I just feel it has no place on public television.

And you are correct, I totally agree with you. Thats why I'm glad there is no nudity on Enterprise.

Stardate:213742.9

Give it a rest CJLP.We had a thread for you to rant about the so called "nudity" o ENT.It is closed so there for the argument is over on that subject.Please do not start another one! :lol:

Edited by geranimo

CJLP,you yourself brought up the point that nudity is not allowed on public TV,that its illegal to show nudity on non-cable TV shows during prime time so there fore there has been no nudity on Enterprise. I'm not twisting your words you just have a twisted view of nudity.

***MOD NOTE***

This thread has turned into another nudity on ENT thread.

As with the other one it has past it's "sell by date"

THREAD CLOSED

Edited by poguemahone