Sign in to follow this  
MoulinRouge

Spoilers for sweeps ep, "Similitude"

From Trekweb.com. Folks, this will knock your socks off. It doesn't mention who is credited with writing it, though. Darnit!!!! B)

The NX-01 will become enmeshed in a mass in space in the tenth episode of STAR TREK ENTERPRISE's third season, "Similitude," according to information provided TrekWeb. As the ENTERPRISE wrestles in place for a week, 'Trip Tucker' falls ill and becomes incapacitated in Sickbay.

The episode calls for 4, 8, and 17-year old simulacrums of Trip to populate the story, with a key to the engineer's survival. The 8-year old befriends 'Captain Archer' and visits him in his quarters, where the captain shows him a chest full of old keepsakes, including the model starship he flew in "Broken Bow" as a boy.

'Sim-Trip' is fascinated with the toy and Archer lets him play with it in the cargo bay after showing off some of the engineering skills he'll eventually have as an adult by fixing the toy's motor. The boy slowly gets the feeling that some of his memories aren't really his own and Archer takes him to see the sickened Trip in Sickbay.

Sim-Trip strangely recognizes himself in the man he sees lying ill and Archer tells him that his friend's survival could depend on him.

Does that not sound choice or what? :wow: B) I, for one, am more than anxious to Archer interacting with a very young version of Trip. :eek: Time travel and character development, too. Niiiiiiiice.

Chills. Goosebumps. Reeling Dizziness! Sounds like a great one but I'm fearful that week will be a big one for the re-hasher* bashers.

Edit: *Rascals

Any ideas who could play the Trips? I guest they'll reuse the kid from the nightmare and I think that Eddie Kaye Thomas (Finch in American Pie films) could play a 17 year old Trip. He is about the right age and I think he sort of resembles Trinneer. Thoughts?

Sounds like it's a very promising episode. I'll be watching! (As always)