Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Death and things of that nature

Does anyone else feel that more of the main cast should have died during their adventures in such dangerous space?

Personally I think they got away with their time in Borg Space quite well but believe there should have been a few more casualties.

Hi there :blink:

I think Janeway had nine lives!! She definitely used all nine lives and then some throughout the whole seven seasons. Actually, I can't really comment on the last half of season seven because I haven't seen it yet.

In my opinion, it would have been a mistake to kill off more of the main characters during there more 'dangerous adventures in space'. The show needed all of its main characters and to get rid of just one would have left a huge void among the crew. Of course, they did get involved in many life threatening situations, however, I don't think these situations could have been avoided. Also remember this was the 24th century, so modern medicine could cure almost any injury, not matter how serious. The Doctor could even revive someone that was already dead, depending on how long they had been dead. I almost forgot to mention that several of the crew died during Caretaker so to kill off several more people would have been a bad idea (especially main characters)

Linda

Harry was killed twice, Abducted, and transformed, but he was Voyager's only recylable Ensign, that's why he was never promoted.

While the show was set in "dangerous space", they did crew members once in a while. However, the show is about the cast and the voyage back to Earth, so to kill off some of the main characters would be a big mistake in my opinion. Harry died and was replaced by his other self from the other Voyager in "Deadlock". Neelix was killed in "Mortal Coil", but Seven used a Borg technique and nano-probes to bring Neelix back to life. So, I guess you could say 2 main characters have died and been brought back in one way or another.