Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Bolivar

Bolivar's Log Stardate Today

Earth Date: September 22, 2003

Today was incredible. My day, at first, was mundane. But then the Scott Bakula chat started on startrek.com!

I joined the chat and had the incredible fortune of having Scott Bakula answer my question!

This log shall forever be my best log. Be sure to check out the official transcript when it becomes available @ startrek.com. Look for my question in it. My name in the chat was Captain_Tim_Bolivar.

Click the spoiler below for the actual screen print of my question and Scott Bakula's reply from the chat. If that doesn't work, just read my question and his answer below the spoiler.

Click for Spoiler:

ScottBakulaChat.JPG

Transcript of our chat!

Captain_Tim_Bolivar: Hi Scott, I thought "Anomaly" was a truly great episode for your character. I especially loved his dark side that surfaced in that episode. How did you feel about Archer's position on putting the Osarian into the decompression chamber to get information out of him that might help save everyone on Earth?

Scott Bakula: Well, first of all, in terms of what the character was going to do, we don't really know because the air didn't run out and he didn't die. Wheather or not Archer would have let that happen is an element of the character that I hope is intriguing and exciting for the fans, as do the writers. We're definately pushing the envelope in all espects of the show this year. I think it's important that Archer leads the way. When you're playing a character and the audience isn't sure what that character's going to do, then the writers have succeeded in making good television.