Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Gone Country

I've recently discovered the TV show "Gone Country" on CMT. Usually I stay away from those "Talent Search" type shows like "American Idol" or whatever, but this one is a bit different.

This one takes past stars in other genere's or entirely different fields of the entertainment business and sees if they have what it takes to make it in Country music.

CMT has the full season from last year on their website that you can watch, I've only seen 1 episode from last years but it looks interesting enough that I'm going to watch them all. I've already seen half of the new season and it's a riot at times.

Season 1 takes Bobby Brown, Diana DeGarmo, Julio Iglesias Jr., Maureen McCormick, Carnie Wilson, Dee Snider and Sisqó and puts them in a big house for a few weeks to compete against each other to become a country music singer. You can check them out here: http://www.cmt.com/shows/dyn/gone-country/...xtcmp=SEO_SSP_Y

Here's what the web site says about the show:

Known for pushing the limits of mainstream country music with the genre-bending MuzikMafia, John Rich, of the hit country duo Big & Rich, takes on his biggest challenge yet. He takes seven established performers from every realm of the entertainment and music industries and immerses them in all things country for a chance to break out as the next big country superstar. The one who is most successful at crossing over by the end of the series will have a country single produced by Rich.

The series features an eclectic cast of performers including:

Bobby Brown -- R&B singer, former member of New Edition

Carnie Wilson -- singer-songwriter, former member of Wilson Phillips and author

Dee Snider -- radio personality, lead singer Twisted Sister

Diana DeGarmo -- recording artist, Broadway actor and 2004 American Idol finalist

Julio Iglesias Jr. -- pop singer

Maureen McCormick -- singer-actor, The Brady Bunch

Sisqó -- R&B singer, former member of the group Dru Hill

Gone Country uproots these seven musical celebrities and moves them into a Nashville mansion together to embark on a two-week adventure, hosted by singer-songwriter John Rich. Each celebrity will be paired up with some of Nashville's finest songwriters in an attempt to prepare them for a career in country music. In each episode, the cast competes against each other in challenges that will test them musically and physically to adapt to a country music lifestyle, both on and off the stage. At the end of the two weeks, the artist who is most prepared to impress a country audience, as determined by Rich, will record and release a song.