Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

What Are The Odds? Son Gets Same Dorm Room As Dad

What are the odds? Son gets same dorm room as dad

EAST LANSING, Mich. -Following in his father's footsteps at Michigan State University is one thing. But moving into in the same dorm room his dad did three decades ago has been a coincidence like no other for Mike Robell.

The Dearborn Heights freshman has moved into B310 Emmons Hall — the same room occupied by 50-year-old Rich Robell in 1978. What are the odds? The East Lansing university has about 8,000 rooms.

Rich Robell told The Detroit News he suspected it was his old room, and the same broken window latch offered some evidence. The proof came from a university archivist, who located a 1978 student directory.

Housing complex manager Tim Knight said it's the first time in his 37-year tenure that he's aware of a parent and child having the same room by chance.

Typical dorm room. A window latch that remained broken for over 30 years...... :whistling:

These colleges rake in the money on these dorm rooms. Most of these rooms are barely larger than a closet and they charge a fortune for them. When Eric was at the University of Maine, it almost took an act of Congress to get the heat fixed in his room. When we moved him into South Dakota Tech a few weeks ago, I had to go to the hardware store to find something to prop the window open since they wouldn't do so on their own. I wonder how many decades that's been broken...........

They never bother to fix anything. After one year at an awful dorm, I'm now again living at home. The dorm is, of course, trying very hard to get rent payments out of me for this year as well...even when I had several conversations, some verbal and some through e-mail, with them starting in early April about my decision to not return for the next academic year....I've even transferred schools from Austin back to Dallas 4 hours away and they still insist I'm living there!