Sign in to follow this  
3 of 7

Fanfic help

Hey, I am writing on a fanfic which involves the Borg :tear: , and I'm also thinking about that the story should happen after Endgame.

It's there I need help. I must have a good reason in the fanfic to how the Borg survived Endgame.

Can anyone help? :huh:

:huh:

I don't know if this will help, but in the case of humans and even wildlife suffering from a plague or disease, there's always a few individuals that survive. It is rare that an entire population is wiped out.

Thanks, I believe I can use that. Perhaps I could say like:" They adapted and got immune." :huh:

:tear:

Okay, I was wondering about something new here...

Do you think that I can use Borgships from games in my story, or do you think that I can only use ships that are seen in the series? B) (One of the ships I was planning to use, which can only be seen in games, are the Assimilator. :laugh: )

:angry:

It's a fanfic so anything goes imo... I would say use any ship you want or even makeup new ones to better fit the story you're writing.

I don't know if this will help, but in the case of humans and even wildlife suffering from a plague or disease, there's always a few individuals that survive.  It is rare that an entire population is wiped out.

So true and the Borg seem to be built to withstand practically anything. The fact that some survived First Contact is proof. The Borg episode of Enterprise should help you get an idea of what they can survive and how quickly they can start assimilating people to rebuild.

As Alterego said, it is fan fiction so you can use the game ship if you want. I've always thought the most important thing with fan fiction is to be true to the established characters. There are too many stories that have established characters doing things they would NEVER do. So as long as the Borg don't become the protectors of the universe you should be okay.

I've always thought the most important thing with fan fiction is to be true to the established characters.  There are too many stories that have established characters doing things they would NEVER do.  So as long as the Borg don't become the protectors of the universe you should be okay.

LOL. :lol: No, the Borg will not be the protecters of the universe in my story. I am actually trying to make the Borg more difficult to win over in my story. :lol: As can be shown through the name to my fanfic; Resistance is futile. :lol: :lol:

:laugh:

I agree that u should use anything u want and your story sounds like it is going to be cool. Nice title as well.

:laugh:

I agree that u should use anything u want and your story sounds like it is going to be cool.  Nice title as well.

:lol:

Thanks. :lol: I think you also should know that this storry is an crossover with Stargate, though its mostly Trek. :laugh:

:lol: