Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

captainfreeman

Captain Freeman's Personal Log

Captain's Personal log,Stardate 15.09.03:

Well,all right the personal log forum has arrived!

Just got home from work and am exhausted.Had a bit of insomnia last night,so I sat up reading until dawn,grabbed about an hour and 45-minutes of sleep and then it was off to work.I am a little peeved at the folks over at wherehouse.com.They keep fouling up my order.I placed an order for a new CD and two new DVDs on the 3rd of the month.I got an e-mail on the 6th stating that I had overbought and needed to either cancel or apply more credit to the order.When I tried to apply more credit,they told me that changing an order was impossible once the order was submitted(why?).When I cancelled,they e-mailed me again to say that it was their fault that my order was allowed to go over the ammount of credit I had in my account and that they would ship me the order promptly.Today I have 2 more e-mails from customer service.The first says that since my order has been on backorder for a week they have cancelled it and reapplied the credit to my account.The second tells me that they have shipped my order by USPS and I should receive it within 6-10 business days.What is the matter with those people?I've sent customer service an e-mail of my own and am still waiting for a reply.It may take days.This is the last time I do business with them over the internet.All I know is,is that my account at present does not reflect the credit supposedly reapplied to it.

I'd really like to grab a nap before the game tonight,but I cannot.I have company for supper.So after a quick browse through these forums its off to the market and back home and into the kitchen.Where's Neelix when you need him?

End log.

Captain's Personal Log,Stardate 16.09.03:

I had a good day at work today.I substituted for third period english(and will again for the rest of the week) and played a game of literary jeopardy with the class.Those kids were sharp as tacks.I was very impressed with their knowledge of literature.I'll be seeing the inside of classrooms quite a bit this week,as I have also pulled my phys.ed classes in-doors for a little paperwork before we start on tennis(while the weather's still relatively nice).

Have worked things out with wherehouse.com's customer service,and will be receiving my order minus my CD(the CD was sold-out).I had planned to do quite a bit of my Christmas and Kwanzaa shopping on-line at wherehouse.com this year,but after this experience I may reconsider and opt for other on-line shopping options.

Loved the game last night.It was the best monday night football match-up I've seen in a while.And supper went well,too.I met my best friend's fiance.She was a very charming and lovely young woman.I like her.I've been asked to be the best man next spring.I agreed

End Log.

Captain's Personal Log,Stardate 17.09.03:

Another good day at work.I shocked and surprised the staff with news of the Nigerian court's decision to allow the death by stoning of that woman accused of adultery.Every staff member at the Grasham Academy went on-line during the day and added their names to the AI petition.An older gentleman friend of mine,one of the school janitors was back at work today.I hadn't seen him since his wife passed away this June and he took a Leave of Absence.He seems to be doing well,and for that I'm glad.We talked about professional wrestling over lunch(his favorite subject,bar none).How he can get into such a "sport" is beyond me.Give me a good boxing match anyday.

I have to grade papers tonight.Other than that,most of the rest of the day is all mine.Think I'll grab a bite someplace later on and rent a couple of DVDs.Outback Steakhouse sounds good to me.

End log.

Captain's Personal Log,Stardate 18.09.03:

Good day at work.I don't really have much else all that terribly interesting to report.Never did rent those DVDs last night,but I did grab a bite at Outback'.I love that place.Well,that's it for today.Computer,....

End Log.

Captain's Personal Log,Stardate 19.09.03:

Great day at work.Have finished with the classrooms for a month or so,and am looking forward to Tennis,the first sport my phys.ed classes will be focusing on this year.Will miss teaching english,a little.It was fun.But I couldn't stand being in a classroom everyday,day-in-and-day-out.

Tried Indian food for the first time today (asian indian).One of the counselors' family's owns a resteraunt.Ahh,I have a mixed bag opinion.I didn't like some things,but thought others were fantastic.I jave no idea what anything was called,so I can't be more precise in my critique.

My DVDs arrived in the mail today.That ends my business with wherehouse.com.From here on out,I'll not be ordering from them anymore. :blink:

Placed an order with blockbuster for the 1st season of Smallville.I love that show.

Read that VBG came through Isabel all right.That's great.Things were so quiet around here the past few days,I was getting worried.Got a phone call from my aunt in upstate New York last night.They're feeling Isabel,but not too bad.She,like VBG,was enjoying the show.All I can say is,I'm glad the west coast doesn't have to worry about hurricanes...except of course,when the university of Miami plays a road game against a Pac-10 school.Go Ducks! B)

Tomorrow's my day-of-days.College football.I'm all set.Got beer in the fridge.Pizza delivery on speed dial(well,not really....but I know the number by heart),and nothing else to do all day but vege' out in front of the tv. :lol:

That's about it.End Log.

Captain Freeman's Personal Log,Stardate 21:09:03:

Whoops.I didn't post a log yesterday.Guess I was so high from the Ducks win over Miami(FL),that I didn't think about the computer.

Well,today was a good day.I watched several good games,and am looking forward to the Raiders and Broncos tomorrow night.

Log out.

Captain Freeman's Personal Log,Stardate 22:09:03:

The Raiders lost.That's always a happy event! B) It also helps my fantasy teams tremendously,as one of my teams only had a 3 point lead over the opposition(and that guy had Oakland's defense!Ha!).So all my teams won this week in fantasy ball.

Had a good day at work.Looking forward to the rest of the week.

Captain Freeman's Personal Log,Stardate 23:09:03:

Another good day at work.

I received a welcome surprise in the mail today.A package from my son,Noah.He lives with his mother in California,but spends summers with me here in Oregon.He drew me some pictures,which I have thumbtacked to the wall.I'll have to go out this weekend and buy him something special.

Not much planned for the rest of the day.I may or may not go to the park nearest my home tonight(there are a few softball games scheduled.I usually watch them if I have the time).I kind of just feel like staying home and doing nothing,tonight.

Captain Freeman's Personal Log,Stardate 24:09:03:

Good day at work today.

Would have written more on my log last night,but I was a little depressed and didn't feel like posting anything.But since the whole log forum was my suggestion here,I don't feel right not keeping my log up to date as best I can.I always get depressed when i think of my situation with my son.I'd love to keep him home all the time,but I cannot.My son's mother saw to that.Let's just say that the daughter of a prosperous rancher/horse breeder can afford much better legal counsel than a school teacher.I'm lucky I get my boy for the summer.

But enough of that,I don't want to go and get upset again.

I think I mentioned the flame war I'm a part of in my Yahoo fantasy football league (I mentioned this in the sports forum).Well,Yahoo has still not replied to my repeated reports of "Pittsburgh Pete's" abuse of the message boards.Perhaps if I were to send in numerous e-mails a day,rather than a single report every three or four days,I'll get some satisfaction in the matter.

I'm going to have dinner at my folks' house tonight.Think I'll head on over a little early,right after I check my fantasy football teams and make some line-up changes for the upcoming weekend and shower.

End Log.

Captain Freeman's Personal Log,Stardate 25:09:03:

Another fine day at work.

Nothing too very interesting to note in today's log.Looking forward to the weekend and my Day of Days,as usual :blink: .

End Log.