Sign in to follow this  
cptwright

The Last Starfighter

anyone remember this classic? i was at walmart today buying A Man Apart, and seen this old one in the 9 dollar rack and had to buy it. didnt watch it yet, watched a new making of, and checked out the cast credits, i cant remember the names, ill look again later, its pretty late right now, but anyway the one lady was in DS9, and one of the guys had been in TNG, i thought that was pretty cool. but anyway it is a good movie, and i just found out watching the making of, it is THE FIRST movie to do CGI for actual film shots. to look at the effects now their rather infitile, but to be the first they had a lot of guts to try it. so if you've seen the old gem what did you think of it?

This film was one of my fav when I was a kid, still is. I like the over all story where he's trying to get out of his small time and ends up fighting in some intergalatic war. Those kind of plots ar always winners in my book. I once saw a book that was a sequel to the movie, anyone see or read it?

I remember that film it was great, wasn't the lad really good on the arcade machine then ended up with a clone taking his place on earth then fighting the war in real life.

I wonder what would have happened if he was on a driving game,would he have been zapped into a F1 race. LoL.

Absolutely Love this movie!!!

I have it,too.But my copy is a recording I made off of the television several years ago.I always thought that I could take that guy in a video game challenge.I love those old vintage quarter-op video games from the 70's and 80's.I have a working quarter-op Mr.Do in my room that i play all the time.My brother bought it at a swap meet a few years ago and gave it to me for a birthday present.

well im sure he could make you feel older if he really wanted to. well glad to see such a number of people who like this classic movie. as far as the story goes, yeah its always a winner when you got small town people striving for soo much more.

Great film I liked it, its effects were the Tron of it's day and who has never had a fantasy about becoming the savior of Humanity. :o I'm waiting for a special edition DVD to purchase.

I guess I'm old too, because I say this one in the Theatre when it came out. It's a great movie. Wouldn't mind having a DVD of it.

I guess I'm old too, because I say this one in the Theatre when it came out.  It's a great movie.  Wouldn't mind having a DVD of it.

yeah i saw it in the theatres too, but were not old, were marinating. :tear: when were done marinating then were old :huh:

I always thought it was a great movie. I liked it..I too would like to have it on DVD..I haven't watched it in quite a while..I'd like to see it again...