Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Alien Spotlight

TRIBBLES

tribble1.jpg

The TRIBBLES are harmless and nice small spherical and hairy animals that have the only fault of multiply vey quickly if they are able to find the necessary food. The reproduction of the Tribbles happens for splitting, equally in which they multiply the cells of the human body. The TRIBBLES is notorious to be "sweetter animals of the whole universe," but also to be most useless!

The Tribbles have no mouths, but they aro neverless voracoius, expecially of a particular kind of grain called "quadrotriticale".

The Tribbles hate Klingons!

tribble3.jpg

A little YATI - It will take 17.9 years to dispose of all the tribbles on the base (but it took practically no time to get all the fuzzballs off the ship).

Referring episode : The trouble with tribbles

Tribbles!Cool.I wanted a Tribble as a pet when I was a kid.My dad found me one,or something similar somewhere.It was a little furry ball about the size of a softball that made purring sounds when you squeezed it.I'm not sure what became of it.Around my 8th or 9th birthday my brothers started teasing me about sleeping with it,so I either gave it away or threw it away(even though I didn't want to).Wish I still had it.It was a caramel color and white spotted.

Tribbles!Cool.I wanted a Tribble as a pet when I was a kid.My dad found me one,or something similar somewhere.It was a little furry ball about the size of a softball that made purring sounds when you squeezed it.I'm not sure what became of it.Around my 8th or 9th birthday my brothers started teasing me about sleeping with it,so I either gave it away or threw it away(even though I didn't want to).Wish I still had it.It was a caramel color and white spotted.

If you're really interested in buying a Tribble Roddenberry.com has them for sale..I have 7 of them..They're cool..Oh, the Roddenberry.com store won't be back on line until the end of October..Eugene Roddenberry took the summer off..

What happened to the tribbles on the space station DS9? How did they eventually get them off the ship? That episode ended with Sisko asking for suggestions.

I never saw another Tribble on the Station after that, I suppose a transport was arranged to take them back to their homeworld or they could have been used as "feeder Tribbles" by anyone who owned hungry carnivores.

Hmmm.....I think I like the suggestion that they could have been transported to their homeworld a bit more than the idea of "feeder tribbles." Both possibilities make sense.

Here's an interesting website. It compares the TOS episode "The Trouble with Tribbles" to the DS9 episode "Trials and Tribble-ations." It tells how the special effects were accomplished:

Tribbles

So, if a person wanted to keep a tribble for a pet, I wonder if it could be spayed or neutered like we do our dogs and cats?

:biggrin: Neat site Indy! Thanks for sharing that, I'm enjoying looking it over. ;) Interesting question too, hmm ... my guess would be they could be spayed and/or neutered, perhaps chemically.

Besides for that pesky breeding thing, they seem to be the perfect pet. They don't make loud noises, they won't run away and they're more affectionate than a fish. Food is not a problem, since they'll eat about anything.

I'd love to have one if I wouldn't be over-run with tribbles in a short amount of time. :biggrin:

And they don't seem to produce any wastes, perhaps that's how they reproduce, turning the food they eat directly into the next generation. :biggrin: It was said that if they stopped eating they would stop reproducing right?

And they don't seem to produce any wastes, perhaps that's how they reproduce, turning the food they eat directly into the next generation.  :biggrin: It was said that if they stopped eating they would stop reproducing right?

Yes, that's right. McCoy said all they had to do was quit feeding them, and they'd stop reproducing. But it's also possible for them to starve to death, as that is what happened after they consumed the quadrotriticale. The issue of waste was never discussed, it could have something to do with the reproductive process.

They are cute but I don't want one in my house. They are bound to come across some food somewhere. Arent the Tribbles extinct in the 24th century?

Edited by Admiral Kirk

They are cute but I don't want one in my house.  They are bound to come across some food somewhere.  Arent the Tribbles extinct in the 24th century?

Yes, I believe the Klingons destroyed the Tribble home world..Or so Worf says in 'Trials and Tribble-ations'..Odo called it the great Tribble hunt I think..or something like that.. :)

:lol:

Click For Spoiler
42-3.jpg
Interesting Spotlight, AE! :laugh:

Tribbles are pretty neat-o, I remember the scene in Star Trek: Enterprise where Phlox feeds a tribble to one of his pets (probably some reptile..) in front of Hoshi.... :laugh:

Seems like tribbles reproduce like the tremors from Tremors 2: Aftershocks... :laugh: Sorry for the reference, Tremors anti-fans... :laugh:

I doubt tribbles are completely extinct... Who knows, maybe tribbles are flourishing out in far-flung space? Should be interesting if someone will continue Cyrano Jone's work... :o

For tribble lovers, they have some pretty nice pictures of tribbles in the book: Star Trek: New Worlds, New Civilizations, written by Michael Jan Friedman... :blink:

I wonder how my cat would feel around hyper-reproducing tribbles.... :o

lastresort.jpg42.gif

Edited by drwho42

yay! I love tribbles! I have one, it's gray and makes the "eek a Klingon" sound, his name is Sep (which stands for Spock Edwardio Picard lol)

Tribbles are by far my fave aliens (lol, I wonder how many times they've been in AOSTF...)

(lol, I wonder how many times they've been in AOSTF...)

249851[/snapback]

Well, I have created a list of episodes where they had appeared or were mentioned...
Click For Spoiler

•  
  • Episode 2: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

• Episode 6: The Trouble with Assimilated Tribbles

• Episode 11: Animal Ship

• Episode 18: Tribble or Poodle

• Fan Fic Contest Winner: -Harry Kim- is writing an episode??? What is the world coming to???

• Fan Fic Contest Winner: The Attack of the Tribble hai

• Fan Fic Contest Winner: Return of the Borg Tribbles

lastresort.jpg42.gif

What happened to the tribbles on the space station DS9? How did they eventually get them off the ship? That episode ended with Sisko asking for suggestions.

73696[/snapback]

Well, the federation was still at war with the Klingons. Hey, it worked the first time. :picard-sith: