Sign in to follow this  
cyphrx

The Sci-Fi Channel

I know the sci-fi channel is the home of some great programing that a lot of people enjoy (Star Gate, Farscape, <cough> Tremors the series....so sue me I like that show.) I have it flipped on now and they're airing one of "The Flintstones" movies. I don't exactly think that the Flintstones are the epitomy of sci-fi or fantasy. Who the heck runs the programming on the sci-fi channel? I once heard that they showed Braveheart too. Don't get me wrong, Bravheart is a good movie but I don't really classify it as sci-fi. What happen to the Full Moon pics, Lexx, Kolchak The Night Stalker, Good vs Evil or heck even an episode of Dr. Who? (which I really think they should air because it's a great show and it's SCI FI) Some people might have not liked some of those shows, but I think they're levels beyond "The Flintstones." Also those shows you could positively label as SCI-FI.

I have to agree its like they think they are running out of shows to play that are sifi. There are plenty of shows like doctor who that they can play. Just sitting here I can think of a buch of shows that were on that they have never had on and why did the not get the rest of the rights to star trek before tnt got it thats whole lot of programing right there.

Sorry can't help you there as I don't have Sky yet,I'm hoping to get it when we move house so if this question is still up I'll be able to answer you.

I heard they were going to show the "Casper the friendly Ghost" movie too. I don't know what they are thinking by showing a bunch of non-sci-fi films on this station. maybe we should all go to their website and complain about it.(It probably won't do any good but someone there might tell TPTB that there are alot of confused and upset people trying to figure out what they are doing.)

Star Trek TOS is on SciFi, but they never play it in the evening, it's always on at like 12:00, or 3:00 in the morning and, there always switching around. :bow::bow: So why show it at all?

Edited by Captain Holland

I heard they were going to show the "Casper the friendly Ghost" movie too. I don't know what they are thinking by showing a bunch of non-sci-fi films on this station. maybe we should all go to their website and complain about it.(It probably won't do any good but someone there might tell TPTB that there are alot of confused and upset people trying to figure out what they are doing.)

Casper the Friendly Ghost? What's next reruns of Saved by the Bell? Is this suppose to be apart of a Crossing Over with John Edwards theme day? I swear to god it's just some old programming director who's gets advice from a neurotic wife who suggest all these crap movies and shows that have nothing to do with Sci-fi. One good thing is that I taped a Kolchak The Nightstalker marathon that came on in the morning. I say morning because it's god forbid they show anything sci-fi during primetime. I don't usually complain about televison, but enough is enough. I'm snail mailing and emailing them about their programming. I don't expect a response, but I want to see what happens. IF I do get a repsonse, I'll post it here.

Edited by cyphrx

And Get This. I Read That They're Cutting The Upcoming 8th (and Final) Season Of SG-1 Short, 2 Episodes

Probably has too much scifi refrences. Maybe if the gate leads them to a world where dinosaurs are used as kitchen appliances they would consider renewing it for another season. Of course to do that John Edwards would need a reaccuring role where he asks each cast member a bunch of vague questions and reunite them with some dead friendly ghost. Damn them! Damn them all to hell!!!

Spike TV is owned by MTV Networks and I am wondering if they are thinking about starting a science-fiction channel to compete with the Sci-Fi Channel. I was at the Spike website one day checking out what episodes were coming up for TNG and a survey popped up that first started asking what programming I watched on Spike and then started to get more specific toward sci-fi programming and networks. I guess we'll have to keep our eyes open for something.