Sign in to follow this  
TheDoctor

Year of Hell

This Saturday they will show Year of Hell part one on tv. There's been alot of good reviews for this two parter and I'm looking forward to it.

I just thought I might tell everyone about it and see if they had any comments on this episode of VOY.

I saw it when it first aired, and it rocked! Durring the commercial break of Part II, they showed how they do a special effect for the scene where... (thedoctor, don't click the spoiler :) )

Click for Spoiler:

...one of the good alien ships belly roles across Voyager's saucer, tearring up the hull like tin foil, and then the scene where Janeway looks at the view screen, seeing a hole in the hull! :clap:

Sadly, my local UPN ended it's contract to air VOY, probably becuase of the season sets coming out next year. I used to watch every week night. Anywho, enjoy the show! :)

Year of Hell was a great ep, was the first one that literally wowed me out of my chair. I really loved all of Voyager episode that were presented in a smal made for tv movie format. Gave it a different feel compared to the other trek IMO.

The channel that shows startrek in Australia is good because every saturday it shows TOS, then TNG, then VOY and DS9. So I'm on the couch watching Startrek for 3 1/2 hours. :)

Plus Stargate SG-1 is arfter that if I want to watch it.

Anyway I can't wait to watch it! But I have to wait another week 'till next Saturday to watch Part 2. :clap:

Edited by thedoctor

Year of Hell was a great ep, was the first one that literally wowed me out of my chair.  I really loved all of Voyager episode that were presented in a smal made for tv movie format.  Gave it a different feel compared to the other trek IMO.

TV movie format? On my local UPN, it was shown as 2 seperate episodes and never shown as a TV movie. How did you see it in the TV movie format? I had to wait a week for Part II. Hmm...

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

There was a VOY marathon all day of season 4 and they showed Scorpion part one and two even though part two was in season 5. All the VOY episodes I've seen are Real life Scientific Method and everything in between.

I also saw the episode where the doctors creator is dying and he's the only one who can save him.

Real life was the first episode I saw and even though I didn't no anything about Voyager it still made me cry at the end.

The channel that shows startrek in Australia is good because every saturday it shows TOS, then TNG, then VOY and DS9. So I'm on the couch watching Startrek for 3 1/2 hours. :)

Plus Stargate SG-1 is arfter that if I want to watch it.

Anyway I can't wait to watch it! But I have to wait another week 'till next Saturday to watch Part 2. :clap:

Hey you're lucky that you have a Star Trek block. Where I live (kansas in the US) All we get is Tos episodes at 2:00 am, no ds9, no voyager and the only place to get tng is on Spike Tv, which is a good thing but man can't live on Tng alone.

i liked this episode alot. the only thing that kinda irked me was, what happened to the report that Kes wrote about the Krennim?(sp?)

I know they could alter time by eliminating a species but to my way of thinking in order for the report to not have existed was to eliminate the ocampa race(therefore no Kes), and i don't think they had anthing to do with anorak's mission of total restoration.

this got me irked b/c in the episode where kes was jumping through time, they made such a big deal about the krennim that it seemed totally stupid to forget what kes had learned when they finally did encounter this race.

just wanted to get his off my chest.. :clap:

There was a VOY marathon all day of season 4 and they showed Scorpion part one and two even though part two was in season 5. All the VOY episodes I've seen are Real life Scientific Method and everything in between.

I also saw the episode where the doctors creator is dying and he's the only one who can save him.

Real life was the first episode I saw and even though I didn't no anything about Voyager it still made me cry at the end.

Hmm... The episode where Holo-Doc has to save his creator is from late-Season 6, "Life Line". Are they showing the episodes in order as if they were first run, or at random?

Hmm... The episode where Holo-Doc has to save his creator is from late-Season 6, "Life Line". Are they showing the episodes in order as if they were first run, or at random?

Well they are showing it in order. But on a cable channel they show TOS, TNG, VOY and DS9 together on saturdays and they are showing VOY at about 11 PM on wednesdays on a Network channel as one of those shows they use to fill up the time between prime time tv and the morning the next day.

I usually watch VOY on the cable channel because its earlier and on a Saturday and earlier in the series and with all the other trek series.

I was just wathing a show late on Wednesday one day on network tv and thought I might watch it.

Stardate:213696.9

Year of Hell.A ridigously awsome episode!!!The best Voyager episoe(episodes)ever and one of the best Star Trek episodes all time IMHO!!

Year of Hell was a great ep, was the first one that literally wowed me out of my chair.  I really loved all of Voyager episode that were presented in a smal made for tv movie format.  Gave it a different feel compared to the other trek IMO.

TV movie format? On my local UPN, it was shown as 2 seperate episodes and never shown as a TV movie. How did you see it in the TV movie format? I had to wait a week for Part II. Hmm...

They did that a lot on my upn affiliate. They would show a lot of two parters as one full on tv movie. The main reason was probably because the original affliate dropped upn programming and we almost had three months of NO voyager. Finally, another channel picked it up and presented a lot of the voyager episodes I missed. It was funny that the episode they showed was year of hell because it felt like I was going through it because I had missed so many voyager episodes.

Ah, I've had UPN on my local "Channel 46" broadcast station ever since it premiered with the start of VOY. Sometimes they showed a 2-parter as 2 episodes, and sometimes as a TV movie. Perhaps it depends on your local UPN and if they want to show a program before or after VOY?

I just checked with ST.com, and here's the original air date for "Yeah of He**":

"Year of He**, Part I" - 11/05/97

"Year of He**, Part II" - 11/12/97

Perhaps you watched in syndication instead of first run?

This episode is a great two parter. As I'm sure you've heard that many of us here in the US are no longer able to watch Voyager, as our UPN stations have stopped carrying this series. But get prepared....this episode will more than hold your interest.......It's really quite moving and powerful. :bow:

It was the first run for us, we just didn't see it when the rest of the world saw it. A more accurate description would be re-run, but in this case much of the state of kansas hadn't seen the episodes before.

Edited by cyphrx

It was the first run for us, we just didn't see it when the rest of the world saw it. A more accurate description would be re-run, but in this case much of the state of kansas hadn't seen the episodes before.

Ah, now I understand. Cool. :bow:

Great show. I really liked the air of desperation and destruction in this episode, simply because it as a change from the usual VOY fomat. Funnily enough, it reminded me of the Blitz. I had been learning about it in history and the sense of people coping with the tremendous burden, helping each other out without a second's hesitation and learning to live under the most extreme of conditions really made this episode special to me.

:bow:

Picture:

Click for Spoiler:

blitz.jpg

I have seen YoH part 2 and it was great!

The suspense at the end was great and the emotional part to it was good too. I thought Janeway went a little insane there but it turned out all good.

Don't click the spoiler if you haven't seen YoH.

Click for Spoiler:

I like at the end a falling apart Voyager crashes into the Krenium(spelling) ship and blows up. Theres silence with nothing happening then a perfect Voyager comes along, not a scratch on it and everything turns out alright.

That was a great episode and I'm glad I saw it.