Sign in to follow this  
Hooray for boobies

Odo's informant

There may have been a thread on this already but I couldn't find it.

I'm not gonna ask who the informant was because we have no way (from the episodes) to tell that.

But I wonder, who is he working for? Not Enabrian Tain, that much seems certain. That leaves two options. The Obsidian orden or the Central Command,

But the Obsidian order, or at least a substantial part of it is tied to Tain. So I'm guessing he must have worked for Central Command. I don't know if Central Command had its own intelligence organisation, but it seems possible. Such competing organizations were common in Germany in the 40:s for instance. Also the informant talk about 'we are ready for an invasion' that suggest he belongs to the military.

The only other possibilty I can think of is that he is with a part of the Obsidian order which is not cooperating with Tain.

Or a third more remote chance. Tain actually sent him to set Odo and Garak on the right track, but that seems to me the least interesting solution.

What does the novels suggest for this character? What do all of you make of him?

Odo's informant in which episodes?

As for his informants in general, we know from "Treachery, Faith and the Great River" that Gul Russol was one of his most reliable informants but had been executed by Central Command when the Cardassian Union joined the Dominion.

Sorry. I meant the shadowy figure in Improbable Cause. The one Odo goes to meet after the Flaxians ship has been destroyed. He gives Odo a list of operatives who were all killed, which he later shows to Garak.

But we never learn who the fellow was. Or what he was.

Oh ok, I would assume that it's Russol since he's really the only high level informant named (that I can remember) in the whole series.

Most people think it's Gul Russo, but Ronald D. Moore has stated that Thrax could have been a possibility. Thrax was the Terok Nor chief security officer before being replaced by Odo.