Sign in to follow this  
APW

Long suffering Cardinals fan

I've been a fan of the Cardinals from the day I was born...

When they left St.Louis I was devastated :borg2:

I hate the way NFL teams and their owners have been using the threat of relocating in order to secure sweeter and sweeter deals from the communities that have long supported those franchises...its black mail,plain and simple.

Sure,St.louis got another team eventually,but the Rams will NEVER be as important a team for me as the Card's were...

and while I live closer to KC than St.Louis,I have never been all that fond of the Chiefs,great team though they are...

I want my Cards back...but it will never happen,so I cheer half-heartedly for Arizona every year and still live and die with my team...

what are yall's thoughts on the way the NFL owners,like Al Davis,continually threaten their communities with pulling up stakes and moving elsewhere in order to get bigger stadiums,more revenue,etc?

I think it stinks. ;)

I've been a fan of the Cardinals from the day I was born...

When they left St.Louis I was devastated :)

I hate the way NFL teams and their owners have been using the threat of relocating in order to secure sweeter and sweeter deals from the communities that have long supported those franchises...its black mail,plain and simple.

Sure,St.louis got another team eventually,but the Rams will NEVER be as important a team for me as the Card's were...

and while I live closer to KC than St.Louis,I have never been all that fond of the Chiefs,great team though they are...

I want my Cards back...but it will never happen,so I cheer half-heartedly for Arizona every year and still live and die with my team...

what are yall's thoughts on the way the NFL owners,like Al Davis,continually threaten their communities with pulling up stakes and moving elsewhere in order to get bigger stadiums,more revenue,etc?

I think it stinks. :clap:

You couldn't have been too devastated.From what I see on your profile you were like 4-years old when the Card's moved to Phoenix!I'll agree that threatening to relocate has become an over-used tactic by professional sports teams.It isn't fair to the fans,but those teams have to look at the bigger picture.If another community is willing to give them a state-of-the-art stadium,increased revenue in the form of luxury boxes,season ticket sales,etc,then those franchises would be crazy not to make the move.I wish Portland would get an NFL franchise.Maybe we will,I hear that the Raiders are dissatisfied once again with Oakland,and have also heard grumblings from the Saints front-office that that franchise wants a new stadium,or it will relocate out of New Orleans.

Well,I suppose....

Still,I love the Cardinals and want them to come "home".The Rams belong in LaLa land,not Missouri.I just can't bring myself to root for the Chiefs.Not even when Montana quarterbacked for them (and he was my all-time favorite QB).

If I were you, the only way I would wish for the Cardinals is if Bill Bidwell did NOT come with them!

He may be the biggest moron in the history of NFL owners. First, he puts a lousy team on the field in St. Louis, and then wonders why their attendance is low! Then he moves the team to Arizona, puts another lousy team on the field, and AGAIN wonders why the attendance is low!

BTW, I predict their new stadium is NOT going to improve attendance UNTIL that team gets better.

The Cards are the "Bungles" of the southwest.

This is another reason I love my Packers. The Green Bay Packers aren't owned by one or two rich guys, they are owned by the fans in and around the Green Bay area. The fans have a stake in the team and love the players. This creates a really special relationship between the Packers and their hometown fans. The players love the fans, and the fans treat the players as if they were gods. That's why John Madden referred to Packer fans as "the best fans in the NFL." It's for this reason and many others that the Packer front office won't play the "gimme or we'll move" game, and that's another reason I'm wearing green and gold until the day I die.

Actually,I think Arizona is a potentially good team that suffers from an inferiority complex.The team has lost for so long,and so little is expected of them,that they have forgotten how to be a great team.I was impressed with them today.They played a good Packers team,and won despite Blake being hurt and grim oddsmakers predictions.

If the new stadium doesn't help with revenue,we might have to get used to saying Los Angeles Cardinals in the future.Wouldn't that be surreal?Los Angeles Cardinals Vs St.Louis Rams. B)

If the new stadium doesn't help with revenue,we might have to get used to saying Los Angeles Cardinals in the future.Wouldn't that be surreal?Los Angeles Cardinals Vs St.Louis Rams. B)

TOO funny! :eek:

The sad part is the Cards would STILL not be able to sell out a stadium in LA.

By the way: CARDS WIN! CARDS WIN! CARDS WIN! Never mind, it was just the Packers... B)

The sad part is the Cards would STILL not be able to sell out a stadium in LA.

You may be right,there.I don't think Los Angelinos care for any sport other than Basketball.Oh,they sure love a team when its winning,but the rest of the time you could hear a pin drop in their satdiums and arenas.Its starting to look like the Dodgers might leave soon,too.Brooklyn is building a huge campaign to lure them back home.Dodgers attendance has been terrible the past several years,and the team has become a perennial also ran.

What I hate is visiting Dodger Stadium for a game or two and hearing louder cheers for the visiting team!I can't remember the last time the crowd booed the Giants more loudly than the Dodgers.It ticks me off.I also can't recall the last time Dodger Stadium was more than half or three-quarters full for a game of any importance.

I know how admiralpeewee feels about his NFL team,though.I am a lifelong Bears fan,and these past few years(and especially this season)has been trying.I was honestly excited when Kordell Stewart arrived. :saintdevil:

Still,I am fully behind the Monsters of the Midway and always will be!

I love the Cardinals and want them to come "home".

Back to St.Louis?Hahahaha B) That ain't happening,peewee.St.Louis has fallen in love with the Rams.They don't want the Cards back.And,anyway,the Cardinals are Arizona's now.Thankfully,since they'll be getting the new stadium they want,they will be in AZ a long,long time.And one day I'll be taking my sons to the games,when I have some kids of my own.

Good to see another Cards fan here.

For you Cards fans out there, what do you think about Marcel Shipp?

Personally, I thought the team was nuts to give up on him and bring in Emmitt. Shipp reminded me a lot of Priest Holmes.

For you Cards fans out there, what do you think about Marcel Shipp?

Personally, I thought the team was nuts to give up on him and bring in Emmitt. Shipp reminded me a lot of Priest Holmes.

Shipp was an excellent back.I'm not sure I would compare him to Priest,but he was good.I think Arizona,and most of the Cardinals fans (myself,included) were hoping that Emmitt had at least one great season left in his legs and heart.But apparently,unfortunately,that is not the case.

As always,the team and their fans will have to make do,hope for the best (plan on the worst),and pray that we can sign a few RB's in the draft who will help the team in the years to come.

CARDS WIN!CARDS WIN!CARDS WIN!

YYYYAAAAAAAHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

B) :) :lol: B) :vbg:

:angry: :bow::laugh::bow: B) :bow:

I'm going to the game this Sunday!!!Got my Anquan Boldin jersey,my Cardinal red face-paint,my Cardinal-red afro,and my foam-finger set.We're going to beat the stripes off of the Bengals!!!Kitna's going down,hard in the Valley of the Sun!

Y'all watch for me on tv,if you can see the game in your area. :laugh: