Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

[S]The Xindi air date 09.10.03

Do not open the spoiler if you do not wish to learn some of the episode. I won't give any major plotlines just some tidbits and observations but be forewarned.

Click for Spoiler:

Now be 100% sure you wish to continue before you click the next spoiler! Are you sure?

Click for Spoiler:

I said are you really sure?? Ok then go ahead :borg2:

Click for Spoiler:

The first thing I noticed was the Theme. It's much "lighter" and more "pop" now. I like the old theme much much better. This one doesn't fit the whole "Xindi will destroy Earth" plot at all in my opinion. The song is the same, just much more "bubbly".

Click for Spoiler:

The second thing I noticed was that they seemed to be trying to make Archer more of a "Stern" leader in the opening scenes, it didn't really fit. Either that or I just have to get used to Archer being that way. It was good though.

Click for Spoiler:

Third the Xindi races were really well done! I think I liked the Insect-Xindi the best of the ones present. (I think they all were there)

Click for Spoiler:

Fourth I like T'Pol's new look. specifically her hair. It suits her better I think. THe color of the clothes never sparked my attention one way or the other so they still don't. Also, while talking about T'Pol. If anyone was offended by Season 2's "Hoshi Breast Cover" shot, don't watch when she and Tripp are in her Quarters. Just a hint there... ;)

Click for Spoiler:

Lastly, I really liked the episode. I think the new races will spark a lot of interest in the show. I hope it will anyway. If TPTB were concerned about the whole "I hate the theme song" thing they just made things worse. IMHO

I clicked, looking for pictures.  No such luck. :borg2: Didn't read the spoilers though. ;)

I thought about putting some pics in, maybe I'll take some and put them in spoilers too.

Click for Spoiler:

I read the first sentence from each spoiler, I want to comment on the theme; sounds like they mucked it up. :borg2: I may be paying SSTC a visit and voicing my displeasure at them.

Click for Spoiler:

The first thing I noticed was the Theme. It's much "lighter" and more "pop" now. I like the old theme much much better. This one doesn't fit the whole "Xindi will destroy Earth" plot at all in my opinion. The song is the same, just much more "bubbly".

OMG, is this true? Is it just me, or does anyone think the producers go over to TrekBBS and think that that is what the fans want? It seems that whenever TrekBBS complains, a change happens to ENT, usually a bad change... :borg2:

Sounds to me to be a mix of pop, classical and country. I'm not sure about it... :borg2:

At first reaction I thought, "Ok that's not bad" but then I started thinking about the thrust of this season's plot. The new up beat doesn't fit. The original tempo was more suited to this plot line I think. I liked the slower tempo anyway regardless of plot line.

Sounds to me to be a mix of pop, classical and country. I'm not sure about it... :borg2:

At first reaction I thought, "Ok that's not bad" but then I started thinking about the thrust of this season's plot. The new up beat doesn't fit. The original tempo was more suited to this plot line I think. I liked the slower tempo anyway regardless of plot line.

I agree VBG. Although I won't see the Episode until tonight, the old version of the theme seems more suited the new direction and the series in general. the new version seems too upbeat for the direction Enterprise is headed.

BRING BACK THE OLD THEME!!!