Sign in to follow this  
master_q

The Next Chat Room Session

The Next Chat Room Session

I would like everyone to offer some ideas for our next session.

I don't want it to be a traditional trivia session. I would like it to somehow require team-work.

So please give me your ideas

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

MQ I thought the idea of doing a Weakest Link type session was good and I still do. I think the idea bombed the first time because many Chatters have not seen the show. Perhaps if an outline of how the game works and how it would be adapted for Trivia Chat were posted, Trivia Chatters may get into the idea...

Another reason was that many just did not want to play “The Weakest Link,” but it seems much of the concern of that was that they thought only the winner would receive the points (but I stated that I would give everyone some points even if they were not the “strongest link”).

Ok, here’s a quick overview of the game:

First Off ---

Let’s just pretend we have six players

I’ll first ask “player 1” a question

Then I’ll ask “player 2” a question

And so on

Getting Points ---

Point Chart (“The Chain”):

When I ask my first question to “player 1” that question will be worth 0.5

If that person gets it wrong, then nothing happens and I’ll move on to “player 2”

If that person gets it correct, then . . .

I’ll move on to “player 2,” but the question then will be worth 1 point

As you can see we are moving up that chart. If a player gets a question wrong then the next question will go back to being worth 0.5 points.

BUT . . .

You can use something called “BANK”

Let’s just say “player 2” answered a question correctly (let’s say the team is at 3 points)

Then “player 3” says “BANK”

Banked points are the only points that will carry through in the game and will be worth anything. If the team does not bank, then the team will have zero points.

Another Quick Example:

“Player 1” Answers Correctly {0.5}

“Player 2” Answers Correctly {1}

“Player 3” Answers Correctly {1.5}

“Player 4” Answers Incorrectly {the chain is broken!}

“Player 5” Answers Correctly {0.5}

“Player 1” Answers Correctly {0.5}

“Player 2” Answers Correctly {1}

“Player 3” Answers Correctly {1.5}

“Player 4” BANKS and then Answers Correctly {1.5 Points Are Banked!}

“Player 5” Answers Correctly {1}

After I ask “x” amount of question, then the round is over.

Everyone will vote off one person (everyone would send me a private message in the chat room). The person with the most votes would be voted off. BUT don’t take anything as personal. We are mature and because of that I don’t expect any kind of problems.

We keep on doing that until only 2 are left.

Those 2 will go face to face. I’ll ask both of them “x” amount of question and who ever gets the most correct wins and becomes the “Strongest Link”

Master Q

Edited by master_q

Does everyone that never seen the show now have an idea of what it is about? Or do you need me to elaborate more?

And of course I’m still open to different ideas, proposals, . . . .

Master Q

Perhaps we could do some kind of Jeopardy or Wheel of fortune versions? They couldn't be done quite like the shows cause the chat room is limited in its ability but you could take aspects from those shows and apply them.

Perhaps we could do some kind of Jeopardy or Wheel of fortune versions?  They couldn't be done quite like the shows cause the chat room is limited in its ability but you could take aspects from those shows and apply them.

Well, Jeopardy is really the same old thing. There would not be that much difference between what I already do and that game-show. The first thing that went in my mind was that we could not do Wheel of Fortune, but I could modify it as such and make it work. I have a die with 12 #s on it. I could assign each # a specific thing (for example certain #s will be worth 1/4 a point, 1/2, 1, 2 . . . we could also have “lose a turn,” “bankrupt,” “free role,” . . . .). So that’s possible.

The one very big negative for The Weakest Link is that I have to think up a ton of questions. It’s not as easy as it looks to just come up with 40 questions in an hour or two.

What does everyone else think of a Wheel of Fortune edition?

Master Q