Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Alien Spotlight

TAUREANS

taurean2.jpg

Taurus II is the second of thrteen pla"ets in orbit around Beta Taun, a blue giant star located within the Murasaki 312 phenomenon. Murasaki 312 a quasar-like nebular cloud has been known to interfere with and even destroy the guidance and sensor systems of spacecraft that cross its borders. Therefore, utmost care should be taken when traveling in the area.

taurean1.jpg

The dominant life form on Taurus II is a large, anthropoid creature that stands approximaeely eighteen feet tall. Roughly humanoid in appearence, these Neanderthaloid beings inhabit most of the surface of this rocky, desert world. Primitive in culture. the Taurean creatures live in small nomadic groups that attack one another constantly.

Tauresas use crude tools and hunt with spears, wearing the furs of other animal forms they kill. Their overtly hostile nature makes Taurus II a dangerous world.

taurean.jpg

TAURUS II Name of the System: Beta Tauri

Position: 2

Class: G

Percentage lands emerged: 95%

Atmosphere Composition : 70 mm Hg of oxygen, 140 mm Hg nitrogen

Referring episode : The Galileo Seven

This episode made me furious...

had I been Spock,I would have had every member of that away crew up on charges of insubordination the second we were back on board Enterprise.There was no excuse for the way those crewmen spoke to and reacted to Spock's leadership.

In fact,I dislike this episode so much for those crewmembers callous disregard for Spock's authority that i rarely watch it even when it comes on tv....

still,I liked the giant furry monster. :tear:

:tear: Excellent point! I have read posts elsewhere bashing B&B for creating the Vulcans of ENT time as a******s but what you said proves B&B are taking the smallest, important aspects of TOS and giving them the full treatment in ENT Thank you admiralpeewee!

Hmmm. Remember that helmsman in Balance of Terror, he hated Spock and now we have a much better idea why.