Sign in to follow this  
SeeingEyeBorg

22nd Century Vulcans vs. 22nd Century Klingons

22nd Century Klingons vs. 22nd Century Vulcans  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Whattaya think?

• Long live the Empire!
    • Ear Squad lays the smackdown.

I've been watching "Enterprise" and I'm wondering who would win an all out battle in a 22nd Century Vulcan-Klingon war. The Vulcans seem to have a healthy level of apprehension towards the Klingons, but so does everybody else. The two species are basically of similar strength and physical resilience, with their own efficient forms of martial arts...so hand-to-hand would not be the decision maker. Klingons don't have the cloaking device at this point, and their birds-of-prey are comparable to Vulcan combat cruisers (or at least, they seem to be).

*sigh* I just can't choose. :biggrin:

Its a tough choice but I vote for the Vulcans in this case. 22nd century Vulcans have shown that they still have an aggressive and sneaky side to them. This, coupled with their superior intelligence, gives them the edge since the technology seems to be comparable.

i believe the klingons will win even though Vulcans have logic like the romulans Klingons have passion and also there better at hand to hand

Enterprise era Klingons would ANNIHILATE the Vulcans. T'Pol's genetically engineered lips of doom wouldn't have even prevented that.

Vulcans. Their ships were faster and more heavily armed (with the exception of the Klingon's most powerful warship classes).

Here's another thing. In "The Augments" (I think) Arik Soong says that "if the Klingons decide to retaliate, it'll make the Xindi incident look like a lover's quarrel" (or something to that effect). Does anyone else think 22nd-century Xindi technology was actually superior to 22nd-century Klingon technology? It sure looked it. :notworthy:

Here's another thing. In "The Augments" (I think) Arik Soong says that "if the Klingons decide to retaliate, it'll make the Xindi incident look like a lover's quarrel" (or something to that effect). Does anyone else think 22nd-century Xindi technology was actually superior to 22nd-century Klingon technology? It sure looked it. :notworthy:

But it wasn't just 22nd century technology that the Xindi had. The probe that hit Earth had some technology from the future. But Arik Soong did make a comment that if the Klingons retaliated then he hoped Archer knew how to speak Klingon.

I think that pretty much settles it. A race of warriors against a race of pacifists.

But the Vulcans weren't pacifists in the 22nd century. For example, they were quite aggressive against the Andorians up to the end of Vulcan arc in the 4th season.

I think that pretty much settles it. A race of warriors against a race of pacifists.

But the Vulcans weren't pacifists in the 22nd century. For example, they were quite aggressive against the Andorians up to the end of Vulcan arc in the 4th season.

True, but it was covert. They weren't outwardly aggressive. They still pretended to be pacifists which probably limited their actions somewhat.

True, but it was covert. They weren't outwardly aggressive. They still pretended to be pacifists which probably limited their actions somewhat.

I wouldn't call assembling a preemptive invasion force "covert."

And you know that's why Enterprise is my least favorite Trek.

War loving Vulcans?

And the head of the Vulcan High Command?

I know he wasn't Vulcan after all, but come on! He had more tantrums than a preschooler and he supposed to pass as Vulcan?

Just basically throw out the window even what casual Trek fans know about Vulcans.

Just reading this thread makes me think Paramount should have just passed on making Enterprise until they could launch a better concept.

War loving Vulcans?

But that was explained in the Vulcan arc in season 4. Until the Kir'Shara was found most Vulcans were not following the true teachings of Surak.

I know he wasn't Vulcan after all, but come on! He had more tantrums than a preschooler and he supposed to pass as Vulcan?

There was nothing said in the series that V'Las, head of the Vulcan High Command was not Vulcan. He met with a Romulan agent once but it was never said or implied that he was not Vulcan himself.

War loving Vulcans?

But that was explained in the Vulcan arc in season 4. Until the Kir'Shara was found most Vulcans were not following the true teachings of Surak.

There was nothing said in the series that V'Las, head of the Vulcan High Command was not Vulcan. He met with a Romulan agent once but it was never said or implied that he was not Vulcan himself.

Well... I got the impression at the end of the 3 part arc that he was a Romulan in operating undercover as a Vulcan.

And if you are correct and he was a Vulcan after all... GOD HE WAS AWEFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Britney Spears, Courtney Love and Naomi Campell are all better Vulcans.

And that is yet another reason why Enterprise was cancelled and the ratings were in the toilet.

Paramont can come out with Enterprise NCC-1701-0 starring Capt. Robert April (between Archer and Kirk) and have 12 part arc with the Ferengi and Borg opening embassies on Earth and they can take two parts of the 12 to explain why it is and that still wouldn't make it right.

Edited by DaboGirl