Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Drinking Of Alcohol On London's Transport To Be Banned

To be banned: Drinking of alcohol on London's transport by Iva Skoch May 7th 2008 @ 2:00PM

Now there is a progressive plan coming out of London.

London's brand new mayor, Boris "the Eccentric" Johnson, unveiled the timeline for bringing in the new alcohol ban. The ban, starting on June 1, on the Tube (subway), buses, trams and Docklands Light Railway is one of his election pledges. According to the BBC, the ban is part of Mr Johnson's wider strategy to tackle "anti-social behavior" and he also believes driving out so-called minor crime will be the first step before getting a "firm grip on more serious crime".

But the Rail Maritime and Transport Union said the policy appeared "not to have been thought through very well" and could make matters worse.

Worse? As in people will drink more just for the excitement of doing something illegal?

:bow: :huh: :vbg:

Go down one :bow:

Edited by Unadopted Angelic

the amount of times I have got off a bus cause someone has leaned iver me drunk is astronomical, just cause I got big breasts. I am glad they can now be removed fined etc.

London's Tube and Light Rail System, on the few times I've been on them were pleasant and efficient. Getting rid of drunks should make them nicer. I wish the CTA - Chicago Transit Authority - was as fast as the Tube.

Does the London Transport system have a problem with pan-handlers (asking for money)? That can be a pain on the CTA, although they are supposedly banned. :)