Sign in to follow this  
TJ Phaserman

Husband Clung To Hood As Angry Wife Sped Down I-80

SACRAMENTO (CBS) ― It was a fight between a married couple that took a twist that even cops have never heard of.

"I would categorize this as a very unique case of domestic violence," said Sgt. Matt Young of the Sacramento Police Department.

The fight reportedly started at the husband's mother's house, and eventually escalated to the wife grabbing the car keys from the husband. She got into the driver's seat and he stood in front of the car, apparently to stop her from leaving.

It didn't.

She hit the gas, and he jumped onto the hood. Cops say Deana Redd was on a joyride around Del Paso Heights, heading from Roanoke Avenue to Marysville Boulevard. She decided to take another turn, this time merging onto Highway 80.

The strange sight passed by dozens of stunned people.

"We did get quite a few calls," Sgt. Young said. "Obviously people were very concerned for the gentleman's safety."

She eventually got off the freeway on Norwood, striking another vehicle. That didn't stop her either.

Redd drove into a field at Bell and Rio Linda, skidding around under the husband finally lost his grip and flew off the hood. That's when Redd stopped the car and when cops finally caught up with her.

Redd is being charged with assault with a deadly weapon and driving under the influence, among other charges. Her husband only suffered minor injuries during the incident.

You know, I've always wanted to try that. Holding on to the hood of a speeding car, that is.

Edited by WishfireOmega

You know, I've always wanted to try that. Holding on to the hood of a speeding car, that is.

Alright, all you gotta do is just really aggravate a woman. :laugh:

Alright, all you gotta do is just really aggravate a woman. :)

I'm sure I can just pay someone $20 to drive.

:laugh:

Alright, all you gotta do is just really aggravate a woman. :)

I'm sure I can just pay someone $20 to drive.

:laugh:

for gas money right?

Its unbelievable the lengths some people would go to when fighting with their spouse......... :laugh:

I wonder if he thought it was worth it. I mean, why try to stop an angry woman who's under the influence? Why not just let her go and then call the cops and give 'em all the car's info? Which was he trying to do, save his marriage or his car?