Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

Super Bowl XLIII

with the NFL season officially over with the Pro Bowl being played Yesterday, who are your early predictions for the gmae next year to be Held in Tampa Florida?

I would like to see my 2 fav teams the Steelers and Packers in it, hell I wouldnt mind seeing Favre beat my Steelers for him to go out on top, but I dont see that happening

the Game will be Green Bay Vs. San Diego

I don't believe Green Bay will return to their 2007 form, I could be wrong but I don't think they will. Especially if Favre retires, but that remains to be seen.

Of course every year I predict the same NFC team to be in the Super Bowl and this year will be no different, Philadelphia.

So I'm saying Colts vs. Eagles.

Te Eagles were 8-8 last season but looking at their schedule you can see that they could have won severa more of their games had they been healthy.

PHI 13 @ GB 16 - Muffed punt in 1st quarter turned into a TD for GB and a muffed Punt in final minute gave GB a FG to win. So 10 points were a gift.

WAS 20 @ PHI 12 - Drive to the goal line in the final minute but couldn't score the TD to tie the game.

DET 21 @ PHI 56

PHI 3 @ NYG 16

PHI 16 @ NYJ 9

CHI 19 @ PHI 16 - Allowed a 93 yard drive in the final minute of the game to allow the Bears to score and win the game

PHI 23 @ MIN 16

DAL 38 @ PHI 17

PHI 33 @ WAS 25

MIA 7 @ PHI 17

PHI 28 @ NE 31 - McNabb was hurt the week before but Backup AJ Feeley cam in and played well, though he threw an INT on his first pass that went for a TD and threw an INT in the endzone with about 2 or 3 minutes left even though they were in FG range to tie the game. Eagles outplayed the Pats.

SEA 28 @ PHI 24 - Westbrook returned a punt deep into Seahawks side of the field (somewhere around the 10) but AJ Feeley again threw an INT to end the game.

NYG 16 @ PHI 13

PHI 10 @ DAL 6

PHI 38 @ NO 23

BUF 9 @ PHI 17

Their season was what it was, 8-8 and you have to take what you get but taking into consideration that McNabb was coming off a major knee injury and was only about 60% for the majority of the season I think there's cause for hope in 2008, especially with rumors of a major WR trade looming.

In looking at their 2007 schedule they lost 6 of their 8 losses by 1 score (4 of them by 3 points 1 by 4 points and 1 by 8 points). So put a 100% healthy McNabb under center and they win at least 3 if not 4 of those 6 games. 3 wins makes them 11-5, 4 makes them 12-4 and changes the face of the Playoffs completely.

Anyway, each season is different and next year they could go 1-15.... but I'm going to say it'll be a 10+ victory season. I'll wait till I see the actual schedule to put a full prediction out there.

So Colts-Eagles in XLIII, the Eagles go back to another Florida Super Bowl but win it this time.

As of this writing, the Miami Dolphins have been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

Aw, man, stop picking on my team. <_<

The Fins will get better. They have to, because there's nowhere else to go but up. I actually read a rumor a night ago that Miami might trade for Donovan McNabb, and I almost got excited (I know McNabb is getting older and slower, but he still has a few great games in that arm and those legs. I'd love to have him in Fin Town.), before realizing the rumor was probably baloney.

THat's the first time I've heard that one. I think most teams have a McNabb rumor now a days. It would be stupid for the Eagles to get rid of him though, and they've already said they won't.

They have Kolb but he's a 2nd year player (this coming season) and it takes about 5 years to learn the WCO. No, the Eagles aren't trading McNabb.

I did hear something on the Eagles "Eagles Live" internet show about the Eagles possibly trading for Jason Taylor though.

:elephant: Taylor?

Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! You're joking right? Oh, Lord..... <_<

Nope, not joking. Of course keep in mind that 99% of February's "Trades" never happen so I don't really expect it.

As of this writing, the Miami Dolphins have been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

Aw, man, stop picking on my team. <_<

The Fins will get better. They have to, because there's nowhere else to go but up. I actually read a rumor a night ago that Miami might trade for Donovan McNabb, and I almost got excited (I know McNabb is getting older and slower, but he still has a few great games in that arm and those legs. I'd love to have him in Fin Town.), before realizing the rumor was probably baloney.

That Rumor came up today on ESPN's First Take, that Mcnabb wants to be traded, the 2 teams that he might go to are Miami and the Bears