Sign in to follow this  
TJ Phaserman

Real estate shock: Owner hanged in closet

LONDON - A real estate agent who took a prospective buyer to view a house in central England found the owner hanging dead in a closet, the agency said Thursday.

It was the first viewing of the $700,000 house, which had been on the market for a week. The owner was hanging from a belt inside a walk-in closet in the main bedroom.

"It was quite a shock," said a spokesman for the Hartleys agency. "Our agent quickly ushered everyone out, locked the property and called the authorities."

The owner, a single man in his 40s, is thought to have committed suicide. He inherited the house from his mother, who died recently, the estate agents said.

"Now the house has had a new roof, new carpet a hanged man in the closet, fresh paint..." Man, what a way to go. I heard a story about a guy who hung himself off I-75 in michigan. He bought material and built the gallows himself.

A potential buyer could haggle off a few thousand dollars from the asking price over something like this.

My downstairs neighbor committed suicide at my apt. complex, and now the management is reducing our rent and remodeling our apartment just to keep our mouthes shut about what happened.