Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Man Allegedly Offers Cop $5 For Hit

Man Allegedly Offers Cop $5 for Hit

AP

Posted: 2008-01-23 18:13:44

INDEPENDENCE, Mo. (AP) - An man is accused of offering an undercover officer $5 and 90 pills of the painkiller Oxycotin to kill a woman.

Robert Macklin, 35, faces one count of first-degree assault or one count of the alternative charge of conspiracy to commit first-degree murder. He was charged Wednesday in Jackson County Circuit Court in Independence.

According to court documents, Macklin's roommate called police after he repeatedly asked her to kill the girlfriend of a man with whom he once had a relationship. The roommate said Macklin wanted the girlfriend out of the way so the men could be together.

Macklin was arrested Tuesday night after he reportedly gave the officer $5 as a down payment.

Prosecutors have requested a $500,000 bond.

Wow.......big spender....... :clap:

I was watching a program recently (don't recall what channel) on attempted hits where undercover police got people offering money to kill people. The cheapest example brought up was someone who offered $35 for a hit to be made. The officer said he could barely keep a straight face while being offered such a ridiculous amount to kill someone. The point made was that people get so desperate that they lose all sense of reality and just want to make their problem go away. Stupid and sad.

The Oxycotin was the better deal. Those things go for $10-20 per pill..........don't ask me how I know this.....so all together, I guess he could have made almost $2000 for the job.