Sign in to follow this  
fredbroca

Do you think I am nuts?

I have started to put all my voyager ep. on disk so I will have a hard copy when the tapes wear out and I plan to do that with all my other trek but my wife just thinks I am wasting my time as it takes almost 2 hours to put a 45 min. show on a disk. So do you think I am crazy to do this? So far I have 75 ep. of voyager on disk.

How many episodes can you put on one disk times the cost of the blank disk compared to simply buying the library when it comes out. Do the math and decide if it's a waste of time or just smart budgeting. If you go into the stores, you'll find that each season of any series costs $30 and up. I think you're doing the correct thing by recording the show now.

You are doing the right thing. For you that is. I on the other hand would not be happy with doing that. While I like to do things in that manner with many things, Star Trek would have to be an exception. On day once I have a career going (I'm still in College) I might reward myself with some Star Trek DVD's. But by then I doubt I will be watching TV as much as I do now. I might not even be watching TV in 10 years. I can see it becoming something that I would consider a waste of time. I don't think any Starfleet Captain would ever want to sit around watching a screen that results in no accomplishemnt... and I would like to emulate that ideal. TV's good, but our society needs to get out more. How did I get on this subject?

So what's wrong with being nuts! If you want to do it and you know you'll enjoy the results of your labour for a long time to come then go for it.

Stardate:213652.2

If your nuts them im nuts cause i did the exact same thing with TNG.Took me 3 months :spock:

Thanks for the input like I said I plan to do more trek once I have finished voyager. So which show should I do next? On the other note I can only get one show on a disk because of the quailty I am trying to keep but so far I think that cost wise its so much cheaper as a season of trek on dvd costs around 100 dollors and I am only paying for the blank disks which I just got 100 for 5 bucks. :spock:

Of course not.  That's no different than preserving photographs and other memories.

Not everyone does that, or takes them in the first place, you know.

I'm planning to do the same thing with Voyager eps myself. However I am buying the TNG and DS9 DVD boxes, and probably Enterprise as well, since they are my favourite shows..

I might do the same thing, once I get all the TNG episodes I want(or all of them, dont know yet) $100-$120 per season is a little too steep for me...recording might be a better solution(I taped a few episodes a few months ago....but the tape was old so, they did not turn out so great)

I have all of TOS TAS TNG DS9 ENT and most of Voyager on disc, so no it's not nuts. I'm replacing the CD's with the DVDs as they came out though.