Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

Official "Bring Back Trivia" Thread

Everyone who wants trivia to come back, please tell people here. I know that the trivia-higher-ups have a lot going on in life but why not get someone else to host trivia (not me)?

I know from personal experience that asking trivia questions every week can be such a chore..If Trivia does come back here I suggest that it be a once a month thing as LOTB suggests..In the past Trivia has always been run by a Mod..Unless someone says otherwise I doubt that any of the current mods would be interested in running the Trivia..

Edited by SpaceTigger

I think we should all contribute to it and create a huge bank full of questions and have Vic to post them out monthly. <_<

Alright, firstly I would like to apologize to all members of Startrekfans.net for my negligence in regard to the trivia forum since July of 2006. I failed in my assignment and I regret it. I was busy, I got behind and the trivia forum was neglected.

As for the future, I don't think I will be able to do it and I am currently discussing the future of the forum with the rest of the staff.

I thank you for your continuing patience and I hope to have news for you in the near future.

No problem jack. I was just thinking we should start it up again, and i know that everyone has lives outside of STF.net, but if there would be some member who would be willing to step up to the plate? like i said, i would do it, but only on a monthly basis, or maybe once every two weeks.

As I have said, I am discussing the matter with the rest of the staff. I will come back to the forum with the results of the discussion and we'll go from there. So, please bare with me for the time being, I can't just appoint a successor.

I mean that many people want it to come back but nobody is willing to run it.

I am...

I am...

We have a volunteer!.... <_<

I am...

We have a volunteer!.... <_<

:nono: Hey, that's great..Now it's up to the Staff to decide..Let's get Trivia back here..

I agree with space trigger. Although I just joined on Monday and haven't had a chance to plsy the trivia, we all should contribute a question. Stockpile that and then send in another question every now and then.

As I have said, I am discussing the matter with the rest of the staff. I will come back to the forum with the results of the discussion and we'll go from there. So, please bare with me for the time being, I can't just appoint a successor.

Any news yet? wave.gif

He's probably trying to locate the "staff" since 99% of them never come to this site....... :laugh:

He's probably trying to locate the "staff" since 99% of them never come to this site....... :laugh:

Kor, maybe you didn't see the email, but a while back it was explained that the mods (the staff) can link into the site without showing up as being on site. Takara is posting on the convention site, and I see mj posting on ocassion. VGB has posted recently and Alterego posts a lot. That's 4 right there. I appreciate all the work it takes to keep this site going, and having done Harry Potter trivia, Lemony Snicket trivia, etc just for kids at the library, I appreciate how difficult a task it is to do regular trivia for picky Star Trek fans like us. :clap:

I would be willing to submit some trivia questions for a bank of questions to be used for trivia, although checking to make sure they were all acccurate could be tricky job for someone. The location of the answer (for verification purposes) would need to be included with the question.

Edited by trekz

Any news yet? wave.gif

whistle.gif

With the infrequence of many Staff members visits, or for their lack of responding, progress on this issue is slow.

I've noticed that there are a LOT of mods who never even come here anymore. Perhaps this as good as an example as any I could come up with that we need some new mods. There are "mods" who haven't been here in over a year, we need newer ones.

That's going off topic, the topic here is what's going to become of Trivia.

I'm just saying, newer mods may be able to work the trivia back faster. Also, it makes discussing topics, such as this thread, easier and faster. I would be happy to do trivia if I wasn't the only one who was doing it.

It's more likely, the next Trivia leader(s) will do so in an "unofficial" way meaning they will be in charge of Trivia but not an official Mod per say.

I will share with you what I said to the others regarding this and is what I am awaiting responses too:

If enough people want it then I would not be opposed if anyone of the regular membership who wants to take over Trivia in an "unofficial" way, did. They could just appoint themselves a leader(s) and play it.

Exactly how the game is played could be altered according to the wishes of the leaders/players but I'd think the points required to get promoted, and the ranks must remain as have been previously established.

I would be willing, at the new Trivia leaders contacting me with a weekly/monthly/or whenever, 'promotions' list, to set the new promotions.

I'm half tempted, in order to restore Trivia asap, to just go over everyones else's head and approve my above.

EDIT: Jack has now responded and we are hammering out a plan, should be new news by Monday...

Edited by Alterego

EDIT: Jack has now responded and we are hammering out a plan, should be new news by Monday...

We've hit a snag which will require more time, watch this space for updates...