Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Trek Fan Sues Over Fake Memorabilia

WOW! This is a really stupid mistake for Christie's to make! It could ruin their credibility!.. :yahoo:

:dude: Wow, not good..Didn't I watch a special on the Christie's Auction where they explained how they investigated each item and verified it's authenticity? If I remember right the Okudas were part of the team..I guess they must have missed a few things... :yahoo:

WOW! This is a really stupid mistake for Christie's to make! It could ruin their credibility!.. :yahoo:

I think any credibility they had would have been shot to hell after price fixing with Sotheby's.

Anyway, this may or may not go anywhere. As the article says everything was verified for Christie's by the Okudas, who are easily among the most knowledgable people about Star Trek. It seems what happened is that the poker visor that was sold was not a fake but not the exact prop worn by Brent Spiner. It was most likely a back up that was confused with the original (which Brent Spiner took with him at the end of TNG).

It was most likely a back up that was confused with the original (which Brent Spiner took with him at the end of TNG).

.......and which he shamelessly sold on EBAY. "Hey look, fanboys! Here is a $1.95 poker visor for sale. But since I actually wore it on my head for 1 episode, I think you should give me $6000! Bid early and bid often 'cause I really, really need the money!!!"

:yahoo:

i'm wondering if they guy misread the auction listing. i saw that tv special on the auction. i was surprised. i'm looking forward to see how the whole things work out. i don't think it'll work in his favor but you never know.

Sucks to be him, but that is one of those things, if you have money to burn than why spend it on that kind of stuff. (Looks behind himself only to see a mob of Trekkies chasing him down.)