Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Alien Spotlight

ORGANIANS

Created by ANDREA IZZOTTI

organ02.jpg

Organia IV is the only planet of M class of the own system and he is situated in a strategic position on the border between the Klingon Empire and the Federation, so much to be initially claimed by law from both the parties. To the moment of the first contact, the Organians had appeared an agricultural population very few evolved. But they revealed theirself very more powerful and have succeeded to impose the famous dealt with peace bove both the governments. The organians have changed millions of years ago from bodily beings in beings of pure energy, so they don't need their humanoid bodies.

Referring Episode: Errand of Mercy

I remember this for Kirk later being embarrassed about his behavior before the Organians. He was not so proud that he was unable to reflect on his behavior, and how it looked to others.

i think that the organians are important for two reasons:

1. the bit of foreshadowing about the future relations between the klingons and the federation. granted that TNG wasn't even a glimmer in roddenberry's eye when this episode first aired but it is still a nice bit.

2. it shows just how far the federation races still have to go. for all of the high tech the federation uses there are still races out there that are not that impressed - who in fact consider the federation nothing more than children playing with dangerous toys.

i have always thought that it would be really cool to have an episode (or even a series) that explored what the federation becomes in like 5,000 years or so. enterprise has gone 900 years out but i am talking much further than that. it would even be interesting to show what becomes of humans in 2 or 3 million years time.

be seeing you.

Edited by dunadan

Uh,I hated the Organians....hrmm,meddling busybodies.I thought it was disingenius to have all-powerful alien beings step in and seperate the Federation and Klingons like two kids on a playground...hrmm,uh,the tensions between the UFP and Empire should have been resolved by Kirk,Kor,or diplomats...

I was glad the Organians were gotten rid of later on....uh,I hate them.Hmmm. :klingon:

i have always thought that it would be really cool to have an episode (or even a series) that explored what the federation becomes in like 5,000 years or so.  enterprise has gone 900 years out but i am talking much further than that.  it would even be interesting to show what becomes of humans in 2 or 3 million years time.

be seeing you.

79756[/snapback]

That was one of my ideas for one of my threads. :laugh:

Trek a Few Thousand/Million Years Into The Future

I liked the Organians, despite what Nipples the Clown says...

I like pure-energy beings that can take on the form of thy noncorporeals...

Maybe they're still on Organia, but we haven't really heard much from them in the 24th century Trek....

lastresort.jpg42.gif

post-812-1092403564.jpg

Edited by drwho42