Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Vehicles Hit Same Deer, Then Collide

Vehicles Hit Same Deer, Then Collide

AP

Posted: 2007-11-07 17:08:15

WEYAUWEGA, Wis. (AP) - Two separate drivers hit the same deer early Wednesday and then collided with each other, sending one car bursting into flames.

But the drivers, both men, escaped with only minor injuries after the accident in the Township of Lind shortly after midnight, the Waupaca County Sheriff's Department said.

Authorities said a truck driven by Thomas Hille, 42, hit a deer while heading west on U.S. 10. Hille pulled over to a shoulder to call for help.

Then, a minivan heading the same direction also struck the deer, which was still in the road. The impact caused driver Dennis La Coss, 60, to lose control. His car hit Hille's parked vehicle, went into a ditch and caught fire, authorities said.

Both drivers escaped on their own.

That is ONE unlucky deer!!!

First of all, poor deer.

Second, if there's a car pulled off on one side of the road at night, why not slow down to see what the problem or hazard might be? No, everybody has to drive like a bat out of hell all the time. :nono: I'm surprised there's any wildlife around the way some people drive!

Third, one of my cousins was unlucky enought to hit deer twice in three years along the same stretch of raod. Result dead deer and major car damage each time.

don't say poor deer please. In my experience, deer are possibly the stupid animals on the face of this earth! they just sit there on the road, and if u honk your horn they just stare at you.. then they run across the road, then turn around and run back by.. its so stupid!!!

don't say poor deer please. In my experience, deer are possibly the stupid animals on the face of this earth! they just sit there on the road, and if u honk your horn they just stare at you.. then they run across the road, then turn around and run back by.. its so stupid!!!

Deer ARE pretty stupid , thats for sure. Rabbits do the same thing too. They wait by the side of the road until a car comes, then they dart out in front of the car at the last minute. I think its a plot.

Deer whistles work pretty good though. The only cost about 10 cents. If you travel in an area that is well populated with deer, they can come in mighty handy. I bought some for some of my drivers. They attach the whistle to their car and they have never had a deer problem since.