Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

The Xindi Pilot in The Expanse

A better question is why is the probed manned in the first place??? And even better why would it self destruct in the first place after achieving it's dubious objective? A self destructing probe that doesn't achieve any real military objectives isn't a very pratical use for a weapon like that show. Especially if your consider the enemy's goal is Earth's total destruction. What's the point of having the Xindi attempt to terrorize the Earth's population? Earth knowing fear isn't a useful objective if total destuction is the desired result in the end from a first strike. It doesn't make much sense if think about it from a military stand point. There are much better targets to use that weapon on that would be more effective in distrupting the targets response to the attack. To what the writers hav written would just give your target valuable intel on your spieces and weapon's technology. Also it's obivously just a shameless way to connect Enterprise to The Sept 11th 2001 attacks.

Maybe the probe needed to be manned to get out of Delphic Expanse since it is supposed to be unpredictable in there. They wouldn't want to launch a probe and then have some crazy stuff happen in the Expanse with the probe coming back on them.

I think you're right Jack about it being reptillian.

A better question is why is the probed manned in the first place??? And even better why would it self destruct in the first place after achieving it's dubious objective? A self destructing probe that doesn't achieve any real military objectives isn't a very pratical use for a weapon like that show. Especially  if your consider the enemy's goal is Earth's total destruction. What's the point of having the Xindi attempt to terrorize the Earth's population? Earth knowing fear isn't a useful objective if total destuction is the desired result in the end from a first strike. It doesn't make much sense if think about it from a military stand point. There are much better targets to use that weapon on that would be more effective in distrupting the targets response to the attack. To what the writers hav written would just give your target valuable intel on your spieces and weapon's technology. Also it's obivously just a shameless way to connect Enterprise to The Sept 11th 2001 attacks.

Stardate:213641.9

For one ConnerExum remeber its a SCIFI TELEVISION SHOW.They do not have to make realalistic especially from a military standpoint.If they did it that way the show wouldnt be interesting.Two B&B have said that they were in no way trying to establish a connection between 9-11 and the Xindi Attack.And three he didnt ask for another question he asked for an answer.

Back to the original question i agree that it is probablt reptilian.

I couldn't get a good look at the alien but it did look a bit reptilian. By the way, I don't recall anything being said that the alien was Xindi. Only that Future Guy told Archer that the Xindi were responsible for the attack. We are assuming that the alien is Xindi. It could be another species that is allied with the Xindi. Just food for thought...

Good point Lt_Riann, the pilot was never said to be Xindi but if it was, I too think it was a reptile, reptiles are always the "muscle 'men'". (Jem Hadar for example.)