Sign in to follow this  
Angela

Doctor Who

I received an email from a dear friend at the BBC, and on their internal office gateway news on Doctor who was written. My friend therefore sent it to me. Here are the bullet points

- Dr who has a fourth season, Catherine Tate is to be the companion taking over from Freema Agyeman's companion, for 13 episodes, Freema's character is in 4.

-Kylie Minogue is the special guest in the Christmas special.

- 2008 is going to be the last full season until 2010.

- 2009, David Tennant and Russell T. Davis return for 3 specials.

- 2010, new Doctor, new producer too. Other information is not forthcoming at the moment.

It really doesn't make sense to introduce a new Doctor in 2010. The whole point of 3 specials in 2009 is to accomodate David Tennant appearing with the Royal Shakespeare Company. Why not just introduce the new Doctor at the end of the 2008 series and carry on as usual instead of essentially suspending the series for a year to accomodate David Tennant and then replacing him?

i love kylie!!! aussie icon and hot pants...

to answer u mister bauer, perhaps it was already signed upon before they decided on a new doctor premise

Wait that's not right, David Tennant will be reprising his role as the doctor for the 5th series in 2010, that is why it's being postponed. The beeb fit the show around him doing Shakespeare with Patrick Stewart. Also it has been rumoured that Davros will make his new series debut in series four, also Peter Davison is rumoured to step back into the Tardis for this year's Children in need. And I believe Freema Ageyman is set to do 5 episodes next series not 4, but she is going to be in 4 episodes in the next series of Torchwood.

Had to bring this thread back up as series 2 of Torchwood nears an end and series 4 of Dr Who is on the horizon! The trailers in the cinema for it have been fun to watch, am just hoping it will live up to expectation as I found series 3 disappointing.