Sign in to follow this  
MrPsychic

Interesting Idea

I was flipping through the channels and saw an ad for that new tv show on FOX for up and coming directors and the like and I had an idea. Why couldn't they do that with Star Trek? What I mean is that they could have a contest/tv show where the fans themselves submit screenwrites and scripts for either a movie, miniseries, or made for TV movie. First it goes through the core writing crew of Enterprise and Voyager, then it's voted on by the fans. That way, we can all have an input into it, and see how it turns out. Anyone like/hate the idea?

That's a great idea. I'd give my input for sure. I'm actually working on a ST novel but since you have to be an established Sci-Fi author and invited by Paramount to write one, the world will probably never see it. This would be a great way for that to happen.

Hey. Ya never know. Dreams do come true...

They did accept scripts from anyone when the show was running, not ideas but complete scripts. to make sure if someone wanted to submit something they had put some serious work into it rather than making frivolous submissions, which would create a flood of paper nobody would have time to deal with.

I would love that. I write Star Trek short stories and such for the past two years. That would be cool to have an idea of mine made into a star trek episode or film.