Sign in to follow this  
Angela

Some TLC needed

Ok my bank account is nigh on depleted and I still haven't gotten a single job offer and have applied to a lot. Well a friend who works in the BBC has put a job application my way and I am seriously stressing. Working for the BBC has actually been a secret dream since I was 16 and I am sweating bullets and buckets over the application. My confidence is hitting the ground and I need some positive reinforcement here guys

You guys have known me for ever (Ok the better part of 4 years) and I need a confidence boost.

Also is it worth me trying for his job, am I smart enough for administrator?

Sending "please she needs a job fast prayer" You will get a job, but you need to call them back after sending the applications especially to BBC.

Thank you hun. I am just not massively thrilled with the stuff I am writing on the application. I am just terrified I am screwing up. That nothing I write is good enough

Just have confidence in yourself. You can do more than you think. I know finding a job is not easy after what you went through in last few years. I have seen you work you did in college and I was impressed. You just need to follow through with the application with a phone call for an interview and make sure got what you want to show if they ask a presentation looks good and represents the best you can do. No one else can be you other than you. Plus my fingers are crossed. If you need references ask you tutors and instructors that you had when you went to college. As always good luck.

Does any of this sound ok?

Information Technology Skills:I am proficient in most Microsoft Office 2003 programs including Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, Power-point and Outlook, with cursory familiarity with InfoPath as well. I am also familiar with Adobe Dreamweaver (Web design) SPSS, a statistical package frequently used during my psychology practical units, and various types of browser format. These skills have been proven during my University educational career via presentations and projects and assessments. In my spare time I build websites, which began as a project for university and is now maintained as an amateur project. I try to keep up to date in the 'digital revolution'.

Communication:

Work Based: In a work environment communication is imperative. In dealing with customers one of the most important parts of communication is listening to what the customer required. The experience held from working in both Catering and retail fields is to effectively communicate with the customer/client to understand their needs and act on them appropriately. These skills can and were effectively transferred and utilised in a variety of areas of life, jobs and university.

University Based: During University some of the most important skills were effective presentation and utilisation of technology. One of the most important skills learnt was to keep the information succinct and simple.

Team work: During both my University career and during my working career teamwork has been an integral part. Ensuring that a team works smoothly and effectively in pursuit of its goals is important to the success of the team. Time management and understanding and planning for other member responsibilities or issues, as well as well as consideration for others were just a few of the most important skills learnt.

Other areas of competence are in being flexible in terms of dealing with problems when they arise and also in terms of time and also being able to keep a cool, rational head in the face of pressure, set backs or when dealing with provocative situations.

Edited by Unadopted Angelic

UA, you need to put this in a resume format. Here is a start to get it done. Info.co.uk Also keep it simple.

Edited by Odie

Its in response to a question

this being the question With reference to the job description please use this section to fully demonstrate the extent to which your skills, abilities and experience meet the specific requirements of the role.

Edited by Unadopted Angelic

You're definitely smart enough for the job! Judging by your posts, you're both well-educated and intelligent, so you should have no problem getting that job. Just keep believing in yourself and your abilities. :laugh:

We're all sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. :biggrin:

Just be confident and outgoing during your interview and the job should be yours. The only thing I would point out is that I don't think that "learnt" is a word.