Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

star_rose

STICCON XXII - Bellaria, Italy

for all the European fans:

there will be a fantastic convention here in Italy, from 22 to 25 Mai 2008, in a little city , Bellaria, near Bologna and Rimini, on the coast of the Adriatic sea.

the guests are:

BRENT SPINER :P :biggrin:

RICHARD ARNOLD

but the list could be longer with the time...

I write also down a link to the website:

http://www.stic.it/sticcon_main.html

there is also a partial translation into english here:

http://www.stic.it/sticcon_luogo_eng.html

the email address is:

sticcon@stic.it

I think that the convention should be in both languages, in Italian and in English, but I am not sure for 100%.

Are you going to the convention, Star_Rose? If so, please take lots of pictures!

thank you1

sure, I will got there!

I went a few days ago to Bonn and I made a lot of pictures!

If you want see some of them, I have one page in myspace and one in trekspace.

if you want, you can see me in a photo with Brent and in a fictional machine room of the enterprise...

I had obviously my costume on...

this is the link to my page in myspace:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=333375827

bye

I came back home...

I am adding some photos of Brent in Bellaria in my trekspace page:

http://www.trekspace.org/profile/StarTrekFan

I saw Brent again last weekend, and, as usual, he was funny with his fans in general.

With me, as usual, it's always different...

He called me "his sister" instead of "one of his best friends" because I was near the stage and he asked to the people if they bought his new CD and I said "yes, I did", so he asked to me how was it, and I answered: "great, fantastic" and he said to the audience that I was "his sister"!

And then, during the session of the photos, he joked and he said to me "thank you, because you are so "hungry" of me"....

I didn't appreciate his comments, and I sent to him an email in myspace with my protests.

However, he joked with the audience because he couldn't pronunciate correctly the Italian name of "Out to Sea", which is "Gli impenitenti", and he repeated it so many times that I thought that he seemed a parrot!

A fan asked to him if really he doesn't want to play as Data any more and he asked "no" aloud, but "if they do a great offer..." with a subtle voice...

He sang also in Italian for the audience too!

The fans joked with him about his sexual meeting with Tasha and they referred to him that Denise Crosby said "only two times..." meanwhile Brent said yesterday: "really? Oh, the women don't remember these things so well..."

There was also Marco Mete, his "Italian voice" in the series, and Brent made to him a lot of compliments for his job...

A fan asked to him to explain better the meaning of "fully functional" for an android and he cried: "OOOH, but there are children in the audience!"

Then there was a sad episode of a friend of mine who lost recently his husband because of a cancer, and a girl told Brent how much this couple loved Data and how many great moments they had when they watched his episodes and so Brent moved and answered that it was the first time that somebody told him a such intimate experience, because for him it was only a job, a hard job, and he didn't meditate too much to the consequences to the feelings of the persons.

My friend wept, she was sitting in the second line, meanwhile I was sitting in the seventh line, but it was a little theatre and we felt a special ?intimate atmosphere of the audience who applauded loud.

In the evening the guests remained with us for the dinner and Brent said that it was the first time for him to walk among his fans and to talk with them in such an occasion.

He and Picardo, who was accompanied by his wife, cut an enormous cake at the end and a slice of it was given to every fan.

I was sitting very near to him, it means, only two tables at his side, because only the staff could do the dinner with the guests, it is obvious, but I saw him for two hours and...as always, I didn't have the courage to speak with him, I laughed very loud because I was so nervous to be in the same room for such a long time with him ...

I have also appreciated Armstrong, the admiral of the series Enterprise, he can sing very well indeed....

Ok, today he answered that it is normal in the theaters in America to say to somebody who doeas a compliment: "this is my mother", but , because I am younger as him, he said "my sister". The problem was that after his joke the people were shocked because they didn't understand it, because it is unusual in Italy, sometimes it is an insult to say it to a perfect stranger.

Regards to "hungry", it seems that his pronunciation of the vowels is really different than the British one, therefore I misunderstood him, because he wanted to say "angry".