Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Man Beats Peacock He Says Was Vampire

Man Beats Peacock He Says Was Vampire

AP

Posted: 2007-07-01 06:32:22

NEW YORK (AP) - A peacock that roamed into a fast-food restaurant parking lot was attacked by man who vilified the bird as a vampire, animal-control authorities said.

Beaten so fiercely that most of his tail feathers fell out, the bird was euthanized, said Richard Gentles, a spokesman for the city's Center for Animal Care and Control.

"It's just unbelievable that someone would do something to a poor, defenseless animal and do it in such a cruel fashion," he said.

The peacock, a male several years old, wandered into a Staten Island Burger King parking lot and perched on a car hood Thursday morning. Charmed employees had been feeding him bread when the man appeared.

He seized the iridescent bird by the neck, hurled it to the ground and started kicking and stomping the creature, said worker Felicia Finnegan, 19.

"He was going crazy," she said.

Asked what he was doing, she said, the attacker explained, "'I'm killing a vampire!"'

Employees called police, but the man ran when he saw them. Authorities were looking for the attacker, described as being in his teens or early 20s.

It was not clear how the bird made his way to the Burger King, but a Staten Island resident who raises peacocks said he had given some to a person who lives near the restaurant.

:biggrin: :P :P

it makes me feel safe at night knowing that there are people out there like this guy to make sure my blood stays in my veins.

i hear peacock tastes good. i wonder what vampire tastes like? i mean, is it cannibalism, since there not human, or more like eating a chimp or other closely related primate?

Edited by bearded ape

Male peacocks are such beautiful birds. How sad that this one was so cruelly and painfully destroyed.

Peacocks are indeed beautiful birds. We keep a few of them here at Casa Kor. However, they are not gentle. Get too close and they will come right after you.