My last comment was sort of a joke (<punt> <punt>....is this thing on?), but to answer your question....

All I can say is that some people have a different opinion on what they see entertaining. Slasher movies can be entertaining to one person while offensive to another. Some people like the blood and guts kind of thing, others find it degrading. It just a difference of opinion. A person can like Star Trek, others might not (gasp!)

I'm not going to delve any deeper because I'm no psychologist, but it really just boils down to personal preference. My own opinion is that horror films have a different energy then action films or sci-fi films. Depending on which one you see they can be a very entertaining and some what cathartic.

Also some might find your description of horror movies a little off. Don't take that as an insult because in most cases it's true. Most of the more popular horror movie plots do use that same story structure. Heck, the Friday the 13th 1-10 is almost exactly how you put it. But their are a lot of different horror movies out there that don't involve that sort of thing (The Ring, The Haunting, Evil Dead, 28 Days Later etc...)

Getting back on the subject of the film....was that the actress who played Jason's mom the same actress from the first Friday the 13th?

Edited by cyphrx

I think Jason is gonna kick Freddy's butt...

Freddy probably needs Jason to fall asleep or something in order to hurt him...

does Jason sleep?

And even if Freddy can fight in the waking world,has anything ever stopped my favorite film slasher before?Nope.

Ain't gonna be no different with Krueger...

Jason wins by a knock-out in the seventh!

:borg2: