Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

I've GOT To Get One Of These!

WHEEEEEE!!!!!......JET PACKS!

Technically they're not jet packs -- they're rocket belts -- but who cares! Yes, Switched reading public, you can now purchase your very own rocket belt! Two companies, Tecnologia Aeroespacial Mexicana (TAM) and Jet Pack International (or Jet P.I. for short, which sounds like a 70's cop show), are selling rocket belts to the consumer. For just $250,000 TAM will sell you a sleekly styled, hydrogen peroxide-powered rocket belt that can keep you aloft for 30 seconds. Jet P.I.'s rocket belt also isn't going to allow you to fly around the world -- or even the block. Its newest model, the H202-Z, tops out at 43 seconds of flight time.

But fear not, children, for Jet P.I. has some tricks up its sleeve. According to its web page, Jet P.I. is preparing to launch a proper jet pack. You can pre-order now, but the turbine engine-powered, jet fuel-burning machine is set to be released on December 11th at a price of $200,000. This new pack, the T-73, can stay airborne for 19 minutes with an estimated maximum flight distance of 27 miles.

All of these purchases come with flight courses. And remember: Strapping highly combustible material to your back is a tad on the dangerous side.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.switched.../06/jetpack.jpg

I want one of these SO bad!... :laugh:

Like Professor Robinson flew around with on Lost In Space.

I love those things. But, I don't know if I'd be willing to do that.

I'm terrified of heights. :laugh: