Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STFA Pres

Star Trek Month - Brought to you by the STFA!

STAR TREK FAN ASSOCIATION (STFA) DECLARES SEPTEMBER “STAR TREK MONTH”

Click for Spoiler:

8e4800e0.png

Washington, DC, – September 2003 – William Shatner, known for his portrayal of Capt. James T. Kirk in Star Trek, and Eugene Roddenberry, son of the show’s creator, Gene Roddenberry, are among other guests joining the Star Trek Fan association (STFA) to host online chats in honor of the First Annual “Star Trek Month” in September 2003.

Dedicated by the STFA, “Star Trek Month” commemorates the “birth” of Star Trek, which originally aired during the month of September in 1966, and has spawned an entertainment franchise which spans more than thirty years, ten feature films, and six television series.

Featuring a charity auction, art gallery, trivia contests, and hosting several internet chat sessions with Star Trek actors, Star Trek Month will be an annual event observed by the D.C.-based STFA, an unofficial fan organization which will take place completely online at the STFA’s website.

“I’m very pleased about the enthusiasm we’ve seen for Star Trek Month,” said Mark Sickle, President of the STFA. “We wanted to do something that would commemorate Gene Roddenberry’s vision while raising the awareness of the current state of the Star Trek Franchise.”

Other confirmed guests for the First Annual Star Trek Month include Bjo Trimble, Susan Sackett, Dayton Ward, David George III, Keith Decandido, and Russ Haslage and several other Star Trek actors and writers.

Formed on December 15, 2002 by Mark Sickle, the Washington, D.C.-based STFA is an unofficial fan organization formed as an outlet for Star Trek Fans to voice their opinions about the direction of the Star Trek franchise under Viacom and Paramount Management. The STFA is also the main engine behind the Save Star Trek Campaign, a major initiative calling for sweeping changes within the Star Trek franchise leadership and creative direction with the goal of “restoring” the franchise to Gene Roddenberry’s creative precedents.

Star Trek Fan Association

I was wondering if you all know that there is a Star Trek Day, September 8th? It's hosted by by MJ and TrekConnection.com I hope people recognize that as well, although there won't be any festivities I do think that we should acknowledge that a day is already set up. Not that I have a problem with a Star Trek Month, which I love that idea. Anyway, I just wanted to point that out, Live Long and Prosper. \\\///)