Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Takei Spends Summer Vacation Working

Is there still any doubt that Takei will do absolutely anything for money?.... :roflmao:

Is there still any doubt that Takei will do absolutely anything for money?.... :lol:

I'm waiting for him to be on Celebrity Boxing or something. :roflmao:

"He also visited the National World War II Museum, of which he said, "I told them there is a very clear and obvious gap at that museum: The all-Japanese-American 442nd Regimental Combat Team, whose own families were incarcerated behind the barbed-wire fences of U.S. internment camps...they were fighting for more than Mom's apple pie. They were fighting to get Mom, Dad and the wife and children and brothers and sisters out from behind those barbed-wire fences." "

I have visited the National World War II D-Day Museum, which is very impressive. It tries to tell the story of all the D-Day's as the allies landed in N. Africa, Italy, Normandy, and all the islands of the S. Pacific that were liberated. I think his point is a valid one: try to tell all the stories including that of the 442nd. Also there was anti Italian-American activity in the US (just as there was anti-Japanese activity) that should be told before those involved are all gone imo.

There is more to George imo than just a guy interested in making money.