Sign in to follow this  
Gummy

Hey Auto Mechanics Out there....

My 1999 Pontiac Grand Am is making a new noise that I have never heard on any other vehicle that I've owned. After you use the turn signal, and it shuts off after the turn, it's still making the "clicking" noise like the signal is still on. And it makes that noise when you hit a bump, but not when it's going straight.

Any guesses out there at to what the hell is going on?

Its your turn signal switch going bad. Don't worry about it until your turn signal stops working, then get a new switch installed. Its a pretty inexpensive fix.

I wouldn't wait. I'd get it taken care of immediately. You never know, once it goes dead your luck could go bad, and some cop with a grudge will show up right then and there.

Its your turn signal switch going bad. Don't worry about it until your turn signal stops working, then get a new switch installed. Its a pretty inexpensive fix.

You da Man, Kor!!! I knew that you'd know what the heck was up with it. This car is nickel and diming me to death. I am half tempted to toss a match into the gas tank.

I wouldn't wait. I'd get it taken care of immediately. You never know, once it goes dead your luck could go bad, and some cop with a grudge will show up right then and there.

Then I just show him my badge. Then he tells me to get if fixed. I say, "yes sir" and go on my merry way.

My garage quoted me at $200. That's parts and labor.

The turn-signal switch costs about $100. So the rest is the labor they are going to charge you for about a 15 minute job.......... :laugh:

The turn-signal switch costs about $100. So the rest is the labor they are going to charge you for about a 15 minute job.......... :laugh:

Actually, it a dual=purpose (turn signal and headlight) switch. I called NAPA and it's $147 for the part.

My mechanic said it was about an hour to get it put on.