Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Alcoholic Beer Taster Wins Suit Against Brewer

Alcoholic Beer Taster Wins Suit Against Brewer

AP

SAO PAULO, Brazil (May 7) - A Brazilian court has ordered local brewer Ambev to pay $49,400 to an alcoholic beer taster who drank more than 3.2 pints of beer each day.

The unidentified employee alleged that the company did not provide the health measures needed to keep him from developing alcoholism, a labor court in the Rio Grande do Sul state said in a statement Friday.

The employee said in his lawsuit that for more than a decade, he drank between 16 and 25 small glasses of beer during his eight-hour shifts at the company

The employee said he also received a bottle of beer after each shift.

An initial ruling had favored Ambev, or Companhia de Bebidas das Americas, which can still appeal the decision. The company alleged the employee already was an alcoholic before becoming a beer taster.

Judge Jose Felipe Ledur said the company still was negligent because an alcoholic should never have been made a beer taster.

Ledur also said the employee's alcohol dependency had worsened in recent years and that even on vacation, the employee felt like drinking the same amount of beer he drank at work.

I don't know.....sounds like a dream job to me! Where can I apply?... :yahoo:

even on vacation, the employee felt like drinking the same amount of beer he drank at work.

Now there is a man who loves his work.

I'm just wondering what else he did on the job besides drink beer. It doesn't take 8 hours to drink a few pints.

That would be like a taste tester for a fast food place suing because he got fat.

He could have just done what a wine taster does, taste a small amount and spit it out.

Actually, wine tasters don't do that. They swallow the wine too.

Can you imagine a bunch of nicely-dressed professionals spitting red wine all over the place?

I agree with Kor....How the heck do I get that job?!

In my area, there are several wineries that are always looking for taste testers.

I don't like wine, so I can't apply. :yahoo:

Even though we would like to be a beer or wine taster and can't, we can still whine about it. :yahoo:

I love beer but I would make a lousy wine taster. I can taste the difference between red and the other one but that's it.

After reading that second sentence, I agree. you would make a lousy wine taster.

:yahoo:

I'm not too bad on tasting wines. I can spot a Chardonney right off the bat as well as a Liebfraumilch.

I would make the worst wine taster; I'm allergic to red wine.....I wonder if I get hired at a winery, if I could sue them for trying to kill me...Sweet, pretty soon I'm going to be the subject of one of Kor's news stories.