Sign in to follow this  
Syperphobia

Old Post

Should Old Post Get Deleted? (Read Below Before You Vote)  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should Old Post Get Deleted? (Read Below Before You Vote)

• Yes
    • No

This is really annoying when I see 10+ pages. I really think it is the MOD responsibility to delete these old posts, or at least keep it in a special archive Fourm.... I really see this as a waist of data that can be used as more special features. :bow:

With posts deleted, the MODS should be able to still keep the status of the promotions. A little brain power and I am sure you would be able too :)

Edited by Syperphobia

No.

Well we already have more features than most boards..

Sometimes the threads that are at the very bottom of the list will be read by newbies who will then get the thread going again.. As far as long threads that have been closed(like in Games) an archive might be nice... :bow:

Data space isn't a problem. The posts are part of our MYSQL database and we have unlimited storage space for that database. Right now I think it's around 60mb or 70mb in size.

As some people may know (or may not know) we're kind of watching the board's total post count to see how long it will take us to get to 100,000 posts. If we were to go and delete all posts over 30 days old our total board post count would stay around 10,000 every month. Because when a post is deleted it takes away from the total count.

As for the idea of a special forum to move the posts to, we do have that for a couple of forums already. The Promotions forum and the New Members forum.

If you are having trouble finding the newest posts I would suggest using the "View New Posts" feature, or when you are scanning the forums look for this newpost.gif next to the title to indicate new posts.

I voted no.I've been around for less than a month,and I really enjoy going back and reading through the older topics and posts.I am an insomniac,and those old posts give me something to do whenever I find myself awake late at night/early in the morning.I've even replied to a few that were from way back in March,April,May,etc... :bow:

Data space isn't a problem. The posts are part of our MYSQL database and we have unlimited storage space for that database. Right now I think it's around 60mb or 70mb in size.

As some people may know (or may not know) we're kind of watching the board's total post count to see how long it will take us to get to 100,000 posts. If we were to go and delete all posts over 30 days old our total board post count would stay around 10,000 every month. Because when a post is deleted it takes away from the total count.

As for the idea of a special forum to move the posts to, we do have that for a couple of forums already. The Promotions forum and the New Members forum.

If you are having trouble finding the newest posts I would suggest using the "View New Posts" feature, or when you are scanning the forums look for this newpost.gif next to the title to indicate new posts.

Another taste of wisdom from VBG, ok I suck up to you as much as Harry Kim sucks up to Captain Janeway :bow: