Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

"Ghost Ship" Found Off The Coast Of Australia

'Ghost Ship' Found off Coast of Australia

No Sign of Crew Leaves Rescuers Puzzled

Reuters

SYDNEY (April 20) - Australian rescuers were on Friday trying to solve the "Mary Celeste" style mystery of a yacht found floating off the coast with its engine running, food on its table ready to eat, but no crew.

The 36-foot catamaran was found 80 nautical miles off Townsville on the northeast coast, but there was no sign of the three crewmen who had set sail from Queensland state bound for Australia's west coast on Sunday.

"What they found was a bit strange in that everything was normal, there was just no sign of the crew," Jon Hall from emergency management in Queensland told local radio on Friday.

Hall said the yacht's sails were up but one was badly shredded. He said the engine was running, there was food on the table, a laptop was turned on, and the radio and global positioning satellite (GPS) were working.

Three life jackets and survival equipment, including an emergency beacon, were found on board, but no life rafts.

The Mary Celeste was an abandoned "ghost ship" found off the coast of Portugal in 1872. None of the Mary Celeste's crew or passengers were ever found.

The KAZ 11 was spotted adrift on the outer Great Barrier Reef on Wednesday. Rescue crews boarded the vessel on Friday but there was no sign of the three crew men, aged 56, 63 and 69.

Alien abduction???... :blink:

Alien abduction???...

More likely they were careless and the ship was improperly secured and drifted away.

As for the Mary Celeste, I am reasonably convinced that the crew believed the alcohol cargo was about to explode and they got into the lifeboat, the rope snapped and the lifeboat drifted away from the ship and the crew eventually died and were lost at sea.

I agree they wanted to know about the toilets... wait what toilets? whats the obession with toilets

It is a giant conspiracy perpetrated by Fox, scientists, and Australian toilet manufacturers.

The Simpsons episode Bart vs. Australia showed Bart calling Australia to find out how if the toilets flush counterclockwise because of the corriolis effect. They eventually go to Australia to find out for sure but the only toilet we see has been "Americanized" to swirl the American way, leaving the audience believing Australian toilets flush the other way but not having any actual proof. That is the first part of the conspiracy.

The second part of the conspiracy is that, if you do a Wikipedia search on the corriolis effect, it most likely doesn't exist. It is simply a combination of other forces at work. Even if it does exist it would not be enough to make toilets flush the other way.

The third part of the conspiracy comes from the Australian toilet manufacturers themselves. Australian toilets use a lot less water than American toilets do, and the drain is somewhat bigger, so it turns out that Australian toilets don't swirl counterclockwise because they don't swirl at all. It has more to do with the shape of the bowl and the direction water is sprayed into the bowel than the rotation of the planet.

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

I just have one question Van Roy.. Do you have a fetish with toilets or something

Not really, I'm just kinda disappointed that The Simpsons lied to us.

And please note the girl who has me handcuffed to her bed is asking ME if I have a fetish.