Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

McDonalds Around The Globe

photo menu of McDonald's around the globe

Posted Apr 15th 2007

You may not learn much about the world from a Big Mac and large fries, but if you take a peek at the menus in McDonald's restaurants in other countries, you might get a peek into their cultural cuisine. Sure, it's not the greatest lesson in the world, but it's a start. Blog Fjetsam has a list with images of just a few things that are offered in other countries:

Japan - Ebichiki is shrimp McNuggets, Ronald's take on shrimp tempura?

Japan - Tamago Double Mac - a burger with the addition of sweet egg omelet traditionally served as sushi, tamago

Israel - McShawarma is turkey shawarma on flatbread

Middle East - McArabia is grilled chicken sandwich on Arab bread with lettuce, tomatoes and Arab sauce

Greece - The Greek Mac

Netherlands - McKroket, with a croquette

Singapore - McSpaghetti -- yeah, not Italy, but Singapore!

France - McBeer

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.slashfoo...4/mcarabia1.jpg

I understand that in South America, they serve.....McCrack......... :P

This will give other countries a reason to say that we Americans are trying to poison them with our Fast Food.

Here are some interesting "facts":

"No two countries that both had McDonald's had fought a war against each other since each got its McDonald's".

"The Dell Theory stipulates: No two countries that are both part of a major global supply chain, like Dell's, will ever fight a war against each other as long as they are both part of the same global supply chain."

Both quotes come from Thomas Friedman, a journalist who specializes in globalization issues. (I don't think there is a relation with David or Milton Friedman.) They are not strictly accurate, as he uses a pretty tight definition of "war", but it does make you think about why isolationist trade/foreign policies may be counterproductive.

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

I never realized that VR. I appreciate your post. Now I have something new to think about. I say McD's for everybody!!!

I never realized that VR. I appreciate your post. Now I have something new to think about. I say McD's for everybody!!!

Well, let's not go THAT far. Carl's Jr. / Hardees is still better. McD's has pretty decent breakfasts however.

It makes sense when you think about it. Both are examples of correlation, not causation, but the Dell Theory gets closer to causation. The object of war is not to completely decimate the enemy but to bring the cost of continuing the war so high that the enemy's economy can't absorb it's continuance. When both countries are part of the same supply chain this cost rises much quicker.

In almost every case the victor of a war was not the side with the largest or best-positioned army but the one with the strongest economy at the end. It is also true that in almost every case the country that goes into a way with the strongest economy starts off winning. There are exceptions of course but not many.

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

Well, let's not go THAT far. Carl's Jr. / Hardees is still better. McD's has pretty decent breakfasts however.

It makes sense when you think about it. Both are examples of correlation, not causation, but the Dell Theory gets closer to causation. The object of war is not to completely decimate the enemy but to bring the cost of continuing the war so high that the enemy's economy can't absorb it's continuance. When both countries are part of the same supply chain this cost rises much quicker.

In almost every case the victor of a war was not the side with the largest or best-positioned army but the one with the strongest economy at the end. It is also true that in almost every case the country that goes into a way with the strongest economy starts off winning. There are exceptions of course but not many.

Personally, I am a Wendy's Junkie. That and White Castle. But Wendy's is my first love.

I have a picture of Dave Thomas on the East Wall of my Ready Room. I kneel and pray to it every day. :blink:

Wendy's is good, it's just that the nearest one to me sucks so I need to go across town.

The one closest to me is piss-poor. So, I go to the one three towns over.

It's worth the drive, IMO.