Sign in to follow this  
Gummy

Did anyone see this?

This bogus drawing of the new Enterprise from ST-XI was posted on the internet and was quickly debunked as a hoax. It's pretty sad looking.

post-2-1175625771.jpg

Original img resized for ease of viewing-AE)

Edited by Alterego

Though it's not perfect I don't think it's sad looking at all, it or something like it would go great in an over the top TOS remastering. A little more tweaking could make it a very believable ancestor of the NX-01.

Don't get me wrong, I loooooooove the original but I guess you could call me "Mr. Adventure", I need a little excitement put back in my TOS viewing.

Finally, a logical place for the phasers/torpedoes to originate from rather than the sensor dome, (:elephant:) and escape pods! :elephant:

:clap: Anymore views available?

I think that the gun torrents gave it a BSG look and feel to it. If they're going to give it a newer look, CGI will come up with a sleeker look than this drawing does. I wish there were more drawings to go with this one.

I would be interested to see them.

Not to change the subject but I think you'll get a kick outta this, it's the month of August from this years Ships of the Line calender.

ENT.JPG

Goes to show what is possible.

That looks like one of the ideas for an updated Enterprise in the cancelled Phase II series.

That's what I was thinking.