Sign in to follow this  
Sam The Smuggler

Making Videos

If you have Windows XP you can do it. I'm not sure about 98, but the program I use comes with XP it's called Windows Movie Maker. I use several other programs to cut clips, edit audio and things like that but the main program is WMM.

The hard part of it is getting the right clips for the right music then making them sync so the video looks good with the audio. It takes practice, and often requires inspiration (for me anyway lol) but I think I'm getting better at it with each video.

I've been trying to make some vids but I can't seem to get it down either. I guess that means I'm going to keep trying until I get it right.

Thanks VBG  :bow:

I Got XP.

I'm Also Discussing This In An IM With My Bother.  He Knows How To Make Em Too.

No problem, if I can be of assistance just let me know.

If you have Windows XP you can do it. I'm not sure about 98, but the program I use comes with XP it's called Windows Movie Maker. I use several other programs to cut clips, edit audio and things like that but the main program is WMM.

The hard part of it is getting the right clips for the right music then making them sync so the video looks good with the audio. It takes practice, and often requires inspiration (for me anyway lol) but I think I'm getting better at it with each video.

What program do you use to edit the audio? I can't seem to find a good editing program.

What program do you use to edit the audio? I can't seem to find a good editing program.

I se Sound Forge 6.0, it's a great program.

Cool thanks VBG, when ever I get my first movie done I'll have to post it. If I ever have the time that is.

Cool thanks VBG, when ever I get my first movie done I'll have to post it. If I ever have the time that is.

Me Too, although...I Still Need To Get The Songs I Need...And The Video Clips, lol

Me Too, although...I Still Need To Get The Songs I Need...And The Video Clips, lol

I've all of the clips I've just got to find the right music and then throw it all togeather.

I've all of the clips I've just got to find the right music and then throw it all togeather.

Finding the right music can be the hardest part of it all. That's why when I get inspired I have to do the video on the spot, I even typed out the lyrics and inserted the titles for each clip I wanted to use. Kind of like a script.

Finding the right music can be the hardest part of it all. That's why when I get inspired I have to do the video on the spot, I even typed out the lyrics and inserted the titles for each clip I wanted to use. Kind of like a script.

That's a good way of doing it I'll have to give it a try, thanks again VBG.

I Know What Music I Want For The Video I Have In Mind. I Just Don't Have It, lol

And Getting All The Clips I Want Will Be Difficult.

Maybe I Shouls Start Smaller

I Know What Music I Want For The Video I Have In Mind.  I Just Don't Have It, lol

And Getting All The Clips I Want Will Be Difficult.

Maybe I Shouls Start Smaller

What music are you wanting to use? I may have it I have a pretty big library of music.

I want to make a DS9 Video, With The Sequence Of Clips Starting From Season1 And Ending With Season 7, Using Creed's "My Sacrifice" The Very Last Scene Of "What You Leave Behind", With The Camera Zooming Out From The Station, Would Make A Great End For The Video.

The song should be pretty easy to get from KaZaa, the clips would be the hardest part now that you have your music picked. I've been lucky because I started a couple years ago in my effort to get every singel episode of every single Star Trek series made. I have all but about half, maybe a little more then half of Voyager.

Yeah, I May Have To Wait Til I Have All The Seasons On DVD, lol

Then you would have all of the clips you wanted.

I'm slowly replacing my CD's with DVD's, much much better quality. And no subtitles (as you see in the latest video where Ezri and Worf are hanging lol). It's actually harder to get the clips out of a DVD though, you first have to decode the DVD video then turn it into an AVI and then add it to the WMV file. It's not hard, just more steps and more programs to use. (Use XMPEG)

I'm slowly replacing my CD's with DVD's, much much better quality. And no subtitles (as you see in the latest video where Ezri and Worf are hanging lol). It's actually harder to get the clips out of a DVD though, you first have to decode the DVD video then turn it into an AVI and then add it to the WMV file. It's not hard, just more steps and more programs to use. (Use XMPEG)

Well what can I say I like a good challenge.