Sign in to follow this  
Yillara Skye

Asteroids Get New Names

I loved the idea! It was very fitting, that is why I wanted share this with everyone.

Side note:if you scroll down a bit..I also really like the new planetary moon names, in particular Saturn's. It is so great to finally see Scandinavian/Germanic mythology being used for names(Ymir, Suttung, et al.) as well as Celtic(Albriorix)

I loved the idea! It was very fitting, that is why I wanted share this with everyone.

Side note:if you scroll down a bit..I also really like the new planetary moon names, in particular Saturn's. It is so great to finally see Scandinavian/Germanic mythology being used for names(Ymir, Suttung, et al.) as well as Celtic(Albriorix)

Agreed.It is getting a little boring with all the greek mythology names.I'd also like to see more chinese and ancient native american names,both cultures practiced astronomy of one sort or the other.Maybe even native australian names,too. B)

Agreed.It is getting a little boring with all the greek mythology names.I'd also like to see more chinese and ancient native american names,both cultures practiced astronomy of one sort or the other.Maybe even native australian names,too. :bow:

Yes, I agree...I love Greek mythology, but it is getting old. I was thrilled about the Germanic, Celtic and Scandinavian ones because those are mythologies from some of my ancestry. Native American would really be interesting too(ok, ok, so I am also part Cree)

Chinese would be great, as would native Australian.

Or literary, because after all they have used Shakespearean names...