Sign in to follow this  
mrskirk

April Fool's jokes

Since yesterday was April 1st, I decided to see if anybody besides me got in to the spirit of April Fool's day and decided to play a joke on your friends. I did check out startrek.com yesterday and laughed my butt off!!

Here's what I did: I have a joke program that I can send to other people as an attachment to an e-mail. It's an .exe file, and when you open it, it appears as if your hard drive is being erased, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. After about 20 seconds, a window pops up telling your victim that it's a joke and their hard drive is fine. I re-named the file, and sent it off to about 15 of my co-workers who I know are computer savvy and have a sense of humor. All day at work yesterday, my victims were coming up to my desk telling me how that program scared the crap out of them until the final window popped up. I got 'em good, I did.

Anybody else get evil on April Fool's day? I want DETAILS!!!

I am such an air head - I played no jokes yesterday, becasue untill I came on this board at NIGHT time, Ii had completely forgotten it was April fools. I guess I'll have to wait till next year :wow:

At work I have several Preschool/Toddler classes that visit the gymnasium for a 35 minute gymnastics class. Well, at 9:35 I realized that I told the teacher for the next rotation that her class was supposed to come in at 10:20 instead of 9:45. Whoops! Well, I call her on the intercom to tell her that she needed to hurry and get her kids to the gym for class or she'd be late. She thought at first I was kidding since it was April 1st, but really I had made a mistake and they needed to come to class. Then the class that really was supposed to be coming at 10:20 never showed up(I even went to find out if the teacher was pranking me)!She wasn't, then the class that was supposed to come in at 10:55 came in at 10:35, as well as the 11:30 class(They combined classes that day!!) I though THAT teacher was kidding me since she came at the wrong time, I was WRONG again.. The teacher for the 11:30 class was absent so they combined the 10:55 & the 11:30 classes. Let us just say that yesterday at noon I had the biggest headache the world has ever known! I am really glad that I DIDN't try to April Fool's someone 'cause I am quite sure that it would have backfired BIG TIME!

I have to out do myself every year. This year, I got my boss REALLY good. I am a musician with 2 CDs out. I have my songs on a couple mp3 sites as well as kazaa. My boss knows this, and she is a singer who also has a CD. She knows how much I wanted to "make it". Yesterday, I made up a name, and sent myself an email saying that I was an A+R rep from Atlantic Records, and that he had heard my songs on one of the mp3 sites, and that he wanted to fly me to LA to talk to me. I printed it out, and I even burned out the "from" line on the email with a cigarette so that she wouldnt see my email address. I ran into the office, and pretended to be very excited. I started stammering, and she asked me what was wrong, and I continued to pretend to try to talk, and I just handed her the email. I said "It's real. I called the phone number, and he didnt want any money from me, and that he is going to send me a plane ticket."

She was speechless for a second, then got this huge grin on her face. "That's GREAT!", she says. She continued to cheer me about it, and told everyone that I work with the "good news". They were all excited for me as well. I let it go for about 2 hours, then I said the magic words "April Fools" Oh, boy she got mad. Not only did I get her, I wound up getting EVERYONE that I work with. It was great. :wow::wow: