Sign in to follow this  
trekz

Do you follow college basketball?

I enjoy college basketball. What teams do you enjoy?

For a number of years I would attend occasional Big Ten games at Northwestern. My favorite team in the Big Ten is Iowa, but Ohio State and Wisconsin seem to have the top teams in the Big Ten thus far.

Lately I'm going to some Division III games at North Park College. They are much improved this year and just lost by 3 points to Elmhurst who is currently ranked 9th in Division 3. My favorite team in their conference is Augustana, which is close to where I grew up.

I also watch college basketball on TV when there's a good division I team.

So who do your watch or root for?

Tournament time is here! Last week I attended a Division III Mens Basketball playoff in Wooster, Ohio. This is the division with no scholarships - it really is scholar athletes - and smaller colleges. (The smallest play in the NAIA tourney) Just last night I heard a couple games over the internet, and Wooster has made it to the final four! They play Amherst (MA) next weekend for a chance to play for their division's national championship.

Playoffs are underway in Division II.

In Division I the Men's pairings were announced today with six Big Ten teams in the tourney - led by Ohio State - number one seed, then Wisconsin. Illinois just got in. Florida is also a number one seed.

The NIT tourney has 32 teams which will play for a championship.

So are you rooting for anyone in any of the basketball tourneys?

Syracuse is my College Team. They had a poor season and was left out of the NCAA Tourney.

As they should have been. They had no business even being considered this season.

I tend to root for teams in my state, and teams from my favorite team's conference when my team doesn't make the tourney. Even if it's the NIT. The NIT is another chance to win and maybe win that tourney.

Depaul and Bradley from Illinois are in the NIT, as is Michigan from the Big Ten. So I'll probably root for them in that tourney even as I follow my faves in the NCAA tourney Division I.

The more basketball the better, I say. :mad1:

The Division ! Men's Tourney is down to the Elite Eight, with one third seed, 3 two seeds and all four top seeds in contention. Kansas battles UCLA, Ohio State takes on Memphis, North Carolina plays Georgetown, and Florida defends against Oregon.

Anyone watching? I'm rooting on Ohio State, as a Big Ten and Midwest team, although Kansas has looked great. No Cinderella's made it this year, although Memphis is touting itself as the non-BCS conference spoiler.

Edited by trekz

Ohio State and UCLA have made it into the Final Four by winning Saturday. Tomorrow North Carolina battles Georgetown and Florida tries to return to defend its title against Oregon.

Division II Men's Title was won by Barlow over defending champion Winona State (Minn.).

Well the Final Four is set in Division I Men's Basketball with Ohio State, UCLA, Florida, & Georgetown will be playing on Saturday to play for the National Championship.

Edited by trekz

Well, Ohio State will play either Florida or UCLA for the Men's Basketball Division I Championship. At the moment Florida is winning its game.

Defending National Champion Florida will face Ohio State for the Men's Basketball Division I Championship.

In the Women's Basketball Division I championship matchup Tennessee will face Rutgers.

Well the results are in.

Florida defeated Ohio State to repeat as Men's Basketball Division I Champions for 2007. It will be interesting to see if several Florida players decide to go pro, as has been speculated.

Tennessee defeated Rutgers to win their seventh Women's Basketball Division I Championship.